Should snipers be nerfed in MW3?

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Heck yeah. Hardcore all the way! That type of game mode you described would be my favorite. But since, as thepenguinz so wisely said, since there is a line that the community makes on what aspects of real life should and shouldn't appear in a game, I full heartedly believe that weapon strength should be realistic.

If you want weapons to all be the same, then IW might as well only make one gun for the game.

mralpharogue

mralpharogue wrote:

But since, as thepenguinz so wisely said, since there is a line that the community makes on what aspects of real life should and shouldn't appear in a game, I full heartedly believe that weapon strength should be realistic.

If you want weapons to all be the same, then IW might as well only make one gun for the game.

i am gonna use that quote on my job applications... "people on the interwebs say i am wise"

on topic well 1 shot of any gun on real life to the brain is a instant death but on game you might need 2-3 is really fail on that part but at the same time i think its fair so its  a weird line

thepenguinz

I didn't mean it in a way that the gun itself should be nerfed. I meant that they should probably remove the quickdraw effect from the sniper rifle, and make it so that you cannot quickscope.

padiego

Sniping ruined Call of duty. Straight up. People who snipe are all trying to be like MuzzaFuzza..... but they dont realize quickscoping became popular cause MLG's and other mega-beasts found Call of duty way too easy, so they but o na sniper to give themselves a challenge. Nowadays, 95% of all snipers sit in the back of the map or have their claymores up their ass and just camp. And stop complaining about how its so hard. Your carrying around an instant kill. And dont even get me started about aim assist. All i see fro msnipers is camping, trick-shotting and panic knifing. Not saying they should take them out. But its getting quite pathetic. I have respect for those who do it right and are good at it, but majority are just little faggots who think they're good. Just play the damn game.

jma10131

What's so bad about camp sniping...

MomsKirbyOk

When people put down two claymores, pull out the radio, start up the fire, and wait. And wait... and wait... and wait... Might as well be a freakin statue that spits bullets if you ask me.

Bloodring

Heavens forbid snipers not have as much a.d.d. as everyone else running around with smg's. If you play a bad sniper that doesn't move and you can't kill him, it's not the game getting you killed, it's your skill level and decision to not adapt to tactics or learn the levels

DrKuhn

No. It felt like COD4 sniping, actually. It may look fast to you, but snipers require aim. You miss = you die.

YouTubeDude
YouTube.com/YouTubeDude

MW3 sniping impressions from CODXP

Mikey#3886148

everygun requires aim. but the sniper rifle can kill faster then other guns which it should not be able to do

wwthetoddww

http://www.callofduty.com/message/5792#5792

They should not be nerfed...the aim assist simply needs to be removed from the sniper rifles....

CHARIZARD_ox

Studios