So decided to stop prestiging . . .

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Decided this week to stop prestiging(only a lowly 9) and start trying new game modes and level up some of the weapon classes i usually stay away from (LMG and Sniper) and it has given the game a whole new lease of life! I am loving the LMG's now i am getting more used to the style of play needed to tame them! Still dont have any love for the Sniper classes, anybody have any tips?  Anybody else finally get fed up prestiging and decide to settle?

februarystars81
24 REPLIES 24

I never prestige all the way through every CoD game. There is no reason too. Once you get the number of custom class slots you want, there is really no reason to prestige to the end. Prestigeing offers nothing different about the game at all. It is just CoD's way to try and keep you sucked in to the game to play it longer until the next one comes out. Just a marketing gimick really.

trialstardragon Level 70

Yeah i totally agree . . .think i just prestiged because it felt like thats what i was supposed to do! Its a refreshing change having most things to choose from when creating classes to . . .

februarystars81

Prestigeing was a marketing gimmich to get players to stay playing the game, otherwise once you reach the last rank and have earned every weapon and attachment and perk to pro, there is not much more reason to continue playing. With out prestiges, the game life span of CoD would be very short. This is why they also added in the daily and weekly challenges to give players a reason to keep playing. But once you reach what ever prestige you are stoping at, then even those have no further meaning to do anymore.

trialstardragon Level 70

I never payed attention to daily and weekly challenges. Screw that crap.

Noob_Lyncher

You may not but others do because of the extra xp you can get to help level up quicker. They can be very helpful when starting a new prestige once you unlock them at gaining extra levels quickly. But even with that fact, once you decide to stop prestigeing they mean nothing anymore since xp means nothing at that point.

trialstardragon Level 70

It is pointless, but I enjoy doing it because I'm a completionist and I just think it's satisfying once you finally get to the highest rank.

creaper21

I personally like Prestiging. It never gets old to me, and I remember feeling very accomplished when I finally got to 15 on BlOps. It was only a few weeks before MW3 dropped, but I felt so good about it I even went back to MW2 and finished my prestiges there(I had stopped at some point, 8th or 9th I think). Doing it fairly and honestly, to me, is an achievement. I do my best to get accomplishments as well, but some guns I just don't enjoy using, so I don't waste my time with. Its just me, I enjoy the challenge of having to build back up every time :-)

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

I "stopped" at 10th.

I was 10th before 11th was added to the game so I already earned gold camo for some crappy guns that I didn't want to get again so I decided to not go to 11th. If it was out on the disc at launch I would've went to 20th.

superbob

I also stopped at nine. got all the class slots , and was the last emblem i liked the look of and am now just working on gold guns. lmg's were lots of fun ,  just finished  the m-16

ItsVeinyBatwing

Studios