Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Highlighted

rankismet wrote:

Get2DaChoppa wrote:

Wait.. how much was Elite again?  What does this price drop represent in savings vs. buying elite from the start?

Do DLC buyers get their stats tracked and clan ops as well or is that Elite only?

Are we b*tching about $10 here? (all other issues aside... )

Elite is $50 USD.

Clan Ops are for subscribers only... but non subscribers would get the 2xXP and other things.

At this point... it's the principal.

The marketing and business model for this is an embarrassment.

Oh I agree it's an embarassment but I want to measure my reaction by the actual amount of money.

I'll probably not pre-buy next year.  Not to save money.. just not to spend money on stuff I don't need/use. 

The new maps so far (outside of Sanctuary and Piazza) just kinda suck.  Many seem to pander to the sniping community (hello, Liberation?) or are some chocked full of crap to go around/through (hello, Oasis) that they become camper fests.

Get2DaChoppa1

I know one thing i wont be buying elite or any DLC next year unless its only zombies maps.

MP DLC is a joke right now its impossible to play as its laggy as hell, no one moves and if they do they crouch walk with assassin, dead silence and blind eye everywhere and its full of sweaty try hards who take the game far too seriously.

I wish they would charge an extra $5 - $10 for the game in the first place and everyone who has the game gets the maps free throughout the year all at the same time meaning a better connection, cheaper for the majority of people and a variety of casual players and try hards in every lobby.

Even with this method activision wouldnt lose anything or much at all and may even gain considering most people i speak to wont be buying either elite or map packs at all for the next COD as the last two COD have sold 25+ million each so adding an extra $10 on each sold would give them a nice extra $250 million as at the moment they are only netting $80 million from elite as they have only 2 million subscribers and last i heard they wont even sell 10 million maps packs for MW3 at $15 so at best thats another $150 million = $230 million total which is $20 million less than they would of hand with the method i would like to see which would not only give them around the same money but a better running game and more happy customers.

alexjt22

This just shows how much of a failure Elite is. Many people now look like fools when their argument on buying elite was to save money.  Personally I think they should of stuck with the original dlc drops from past CODs. Pretty sure they wouldn't drop the price on that model till the next game came out.

fortyside

Nobody can look like a fool for not being able to predict the future forty. Thats a silly statement. Unless you have a silver Delorean with a spare flux capacitor.    

CowboySr

Guess I took it a little 2 far .

fortyside

LOL

CowboySr

just spurted hot tea from my nose, cheers!  

februarystars81

PS3 player here...not really pissed, I would expect nothing less from Activision and I am sure a price drop will hit the PS3 about 2 mos. from now which is quite dumb because if a PS3 player was on the fence about buying, they will now hold out for a price drop...PS3 MW DLC has not sold well. I don't know about the xbox, but the new ELITE  DLC at any one time has less than 2,000 players playing and that's split between ALL the game types for the new DLC...thus why they are completely NOT worth my time to play and have me regretting my Hardened Edition purchase.Given the complete failure of Activision/IW/Beachead  I seriously believe we will see ELITE memberships plummet for the next title...why, because they failed Founders out of a fully operational system for the first 2-3 months, and it took how long for clan ops to start.....then you basically say, hey you get first crack at the maps but make them completely un-playable. Then you drop the price of DLC. Clearly, IW/Activision are relying on blind allegience and aren't giving much cred to the players. I feel bad ro 3arc....they are inheriting a complete cluster - 'd'uck.

darwin67

Activision really knows how to screw over paying customers. I wont be getting the hardend edition again and will opt to just purchase maps if I feel they are a good value. Im sure this game being broken has alot to do with terrible dlc sales. Elite is a total failure I coudnt agree more with maccabi. I cant wait to the drop in subscriptions for elite 2.0 LOL

iigallowsii

I didn't buy Elite, and this is the first COD game that I have not bought any of the DLCs, and still won't be buying them even at a reduced price.  Worse COD game ever. 

bdnlv702

Studios