Topic: Name calling! Good or bad

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

COD,

We here who read / post / play are probably a small number in the overall MW3 multiplayer numbers, perhaps we are less than 10% the actual amount of players out there.

Well my point to this topic is, when I get called names (any name) its usually because I had a great game or because I gave the other team hell without necessarily doing well.

My Tip: Don't call people names, you probably only flame their game style (if it really affected yours) and prove nothing other than ignorance.

*Please try to keep your response short and sweet, I hate having to read more than needed.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
EgOtRiP#7701616 Level 75
18 REPLIES 18

Here is some reverse logic:

When I run into people who are seriously playing poorly, I always say Good Game

Why? I will paraphrase Crazy Mike (in Dolly's Super System - a poker book).  If you criticize people's playing, they have the desire to get better.

When I run into people who are playing very well and hand me my ass, I say: Good Game

Why? Because they get over confident (like a couple of days ago I got MOABed by someone who went 40 and 3). I said good game, his cockiness calmed down and the next game he did ok, but went negative.

People who criticize other people and call them names are really only hurting themselves:  It shows how little you think,  how immature you are, and sets you up for a potentially walloping the next games ahead.

I have to admit though: Sometimes verbally nuking someone can be a stress relief.

(sorry, but sometimes I cannot keep it short lol)

RLBL

Good game is what I say when my team got confident was winning and they made a really good comeback, I say good game.

I stay away from commenting on those dudes or team that do well, i end up re-focusing what I did wrong and give it another try.

Now those who criticize because of this or that reason (without merit) are the worse lot. For example: I was running about with the RPG for fun, killed one dude 5 or 6 times with it, dude blew a fuse, got the full treatment of cuss words and hate messages... I laughed.

Good response RLBL, no apparent rambling off subject... thanks bro.

of our training"
EgOtRiP#7701616 Level 75

I agree 100%. Also, if you had a bad game and still manage to admit you got out played by saying that, you will be more than ready to deal revenge in the next game. Why? Just like anything in life, it's psychological. Admittion/honesty is the first step in overcoming the problem. You will make far better strategic choices because the emotion has been removed. Good post!

ZvErS

Yeah this is why I leave my headset off because (and i'm sure i'm not alone on this) but if i'm in a junk lobby where it's really bad when I get killed I will sometimes come out with any one of a number of insults rangeing from the "jammy bugger" right up to the air turning blue.

However it's not actually aimed at the person more at the situation you're in so name calling can be a good way to vent what would otherwise be a rage quit and can be quite theraputic.

The people who take the time to write out the abuse and mail you thoese are the ones I don't get.

monkeylord1

I dont mind people who are original and funny. What I do not like is the same repetitive bs racist, homo, your mom, camper, tryhard, and hypocritical type stuff.

I think my favorite one was when a high prestige player called me a terrible noob for using support, I was MVP of the match 1.5+ kdr 3600+ points multiple caps and defends in dom and a pretty big win, I kindly asked that he stay in the lobby and I would be happy to run zero kill streaks and still mop the floor with him. The next game my kdr was identical and the margin of victory even bigger. I then checked his stats/classes in elite .57 kdr with attack helicopter ac 130 and osprey gunner as his killstreaks.

opb81

Nice one, directly challenging the person who calls you names.

of our training"
EgOtRiP#7701616 Level 75

I don't say much but I always enjoy the hate.  Especially when it's other people arguing.  It's entertaining.  The only thing I don't like is the squeeky kids.  I just can't undestand their prepubescent insults.

Deleted User

hahaha I don't bother with the younger group of players. But yea listening to others fight can be funny.

of our training"
EgOtRiP#7701616 Level 75

I just don't like people who do that. Call me a wuss if you want (to prove my point or otherwise), but it's just a game. I had this one time where I was facing an entire party in TDM, and at the time my clan tag was [AZN!] (because... well, I am), and they pointed out and started making fun of me. I don't take making fun of my nationality as a joke, and I bluntly refused their request for me to join their clan. Who the hell does that?

And that's why you don't see me with a clan tag anymore.

Mileslawlz96

Studios