Using headphones with your wii?

SOLVED

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Using headphones with your wii?

Is it possible to use your headphones with you wii as headset? Some people say its possible some say you have to have headset. I just watched Dazrans video and he said its possible. I checked my TV and Wii for headphones jack but I didnt found it. So is it possible ??

doublek25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Using headphones with your wii?

in reply to doublek25
Solution

Yes, you can use earbuds like those that an Ipod would use or you can use a headset. Headsets can only be used as long as it has a 3.5mm audio jack. A 3.5mm audio jack is the little plug that you would plug into your Ipod. As long as your TV has a 3.5mm audio port then there should be no issues. Keep in mind that you cannot use these to chat, only to listen the game auido. As long your TV has a 3.5mm audio jack or you have a AVI to 3.5mm converter like the ones that comes with Turtle Beach headsets then you can use it to "sond whore".

semperfi550
8 REPLIES
Highlighted

in reply to doublek25
Solution

Yes, you can use earbuds like those that an Ipod would use or you can use a headset. Headsets can only be used as long as it has a 3.5mm audio jack. A 3.5mm audio jack is the little plug that you would plug into your Ipod. As long as your TV has a 3.5mm audio port then there should be no issues. Keep in mind that you cannot use these to chat, only to listen the game auido. As long your TV has a 3.5mm audio jack or you have a AVI to 3.5mm converter like the ones that comes with Turtle Beach headsets then you can use it to "sond whore".

semperfi550

in reply to semperfi550

Are they located on back of TV?

doublek25

in reply to doublek25

Depending on the TV it could be located infront, under, on the sides or in the back. You'll just have to look.

semperfi550

in reply to doublek25

Yeah, but that's just for audio, right? That usually turns off the speakers from the TV or AV receiver. If you want two-way communication, the only thing you can use is the Headbanger headset. It connects via the USB port on the back of the Wii. (Or you can use a USB extender cable between them, or you can plug the headset into a powered USB hub, and then connect the hub to the Wii.)

If you only want to hear the game more clearly, then headphones via the receiver or TV is fine like Semper said.

GreggG

in reply to doublek25

There should be a few ways to use headphones even if your TV doesn't have a phono jack socket. You can get leads for the RCA sockets (where your red and white wii cables go) at the back of your of the TV  and plug them into something with a headphone jack i.e. amp, mixer or whatever (what I do) or you might be able to use a usb to phono adaptor straight out of the Wii (never tried that, might not work).

McZOMBI

in reply to doublek25

I have an infrared wireless headset that works pretty well. The transmitter thing (not exactly sure what it's called) has RCA sockets and transmit to the wireless headphones that is paired with it. Rather useful since there are no wires, but there must be in reasonable distance.

Simile

in reply to doublek25

I would not recommend Ipod headphones. They suck big time. Try real headphones, semi-open or closed ones. I am using Beyerdynamics which are a bit pricey, there are cheaper ones with equal sound quality. Modern TVs most likely will have only an optical audio input, which is not compatible to normal headphone plugs. For that I use an audio splitter to divide the incoming Wii signal for the TV and the headphones.

asiaroeschti

in reply to doublek25

Doublek, go to turtlebeach.com and find one that suits you. There is one that only costs 20 dollars there and is compatable with Wii (since it has no mic).

Cpt_MacMillan_x

Studios