What are your bad COD Habits??

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

What are those bad habits you have that you know you need to fix but you always seem to go back to?

Mine:

1.  Constantly "sprinting" even when I should be more cautious - I am too inpatient to get to the gunfight

2.  Reloading:  I reload too often, I used to be worse on this one, reloading after every kill - sometimes reloading when I have enough bullets for 1-2 more kills gets me killed

3.  Grenade Throw-Backs:  years of seeing "Press RB to throw-back grenade", I have NEVER done it...it's not bad reflexes I can turn on a guy shooting me - not sure what it is but I am incapable of pulling this off

supervelous
50 REPLIES 50

Camping when I'm SUPER close to a high killstreak.

SuperCook1eMan

I have that 1 as well.  When I am 1-3 kills away from a MOAB, suddenly I decide in my mind to NOT play the same way that got me the first 21 kills - I am overly cautious and that will get you killed sometimes, or not be helping the team.

supervelous

Funny you mentioned this because I was thinking of my bad habbits yesterday and changed them today, my main one was to stop running all the time, my other ones were to stop pushing the sprint button every time I spawn and going for revenge kills.

CRA1G1690

oh man the revenge kills, I take this 1 step further that really hinders me.  I will go into a match deciding an AR or SMG is my best bet to do well, a sniper will take me out once or twice and I will switch to my sniper class and try to snipe him back.  Or a shotty user and I'll switch to my shotty class just to kill them in the same manner they killed me and prove I am better than them with their own weapon.

It's so satisfying when I own them but more often than not I don't, or we trade kills and they won bc they took me off my gameplan and got into my head.

supervelous

Yeah they mess you up big style and because I'm actually stat watching for the first time ever at the moment I notice it more so need to change stuff up, me and my uncle have 100 kills between us with near identical time played, pressures on to beat the old dog (2 year older than me but when he has a good game its always, you did well old yin) before bops 2 comes out lol

CRA1G1690

At times I am more aggressive than I should be, and this causes me to often get caught in sprint and ultimately lose that gunfight just because I was impatient.

I should be more cautious, especially around dark corners. The amount of times I have been killed by a camper sitting in a corner shooting me in my back just because I didn't look there or expect him to be there is ridiculous.

Going back to the same place where I was killed previously and getting killed again. So many times I have been killed by someone and thought to myself "ok I know where he is, I'll be able kill him this time" only to fail once again. I suppose this could come under improving my overall decision making.

jp2101

supervelous wrote:

What are those bad habits you have that you know you need to fix but you always seem to go back to?

Mine:

1.  Constantly "sprinting" even when I should be more cautious - I am too inpatient to get to the gunfight

2.  Reloading:  I reload too often, I used to be worse on this one, reloading after every kill - sometimes reloading when I have enough bullets for 1-2 more kills gets me killed

3.  Grenade Throw-Backs:  years of seeing "Press RB to throw-back grenade", I have NEVER done it...it's not bad reflexes I can turn on a guy shooting me - not sure what it is but I am incapable of pulling this off

Mine are the same ^^^^^

jwaller123

The WAW campaign on veteran taught me to throw back grenades, if you've played that it wouldn't be such a problem.

CRA1G1690

Reloading is my worst habit, normally reloading too often but then i make myself not reload as often and end up getting caught short by multiple enemies.

Second worse habit is not having patience, i've died a few times near a moab when i've heard someone approaching a corner i'm heading to and instead of waiting for them i've turned the corner started firing and they've commando lunged me through the bullets.

GramsAndOunces

Studios