What are your bad COD Habits??

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

And there's another 2 issues I have, reloading constantly and sitting for 5 seconds waiting on that guy to come for you then you say, sod this, I'll go for him then he appears and kills you, another one I just thought of was checking the scoreboard too much.

CRA1G1690

I more check the scoreboard to see if im lagging because of lag compinsation i should have a 4 bar but i hate lagging it barely happens but it is super annoying but i am not much of a competitive gamer i play for fun but i can relate me and you have the same habbits in cod but i also need to stop running so much

CoDFTW1

I hate that i get a kill my instinct is to reload because my fear of running low on ammo and half way through my reload i catch an enemy out of the corner of my eye and i get killed

CoDFTW1

I reload at horrible times, although I've got better at it or switch to my secondary. And occasionally I just let all my situational awareness go out of the window and run around like an angry beheaded chicken.

mufdasampson

Good thread OP, gave you a like and will be sure to check up on this quite a bit

CRA1G1690

Same as yours but add sprinting round corners and checking the uav to much!

februarystars81

UAV reliance and getting killed by the guy with Assassin - yup. 

I am learning to check it occasionally and really get a sense of where the enemies are rather than red dot chasing. 

supervelous

Reload seems to be a problem for most of us!  Not only the frequency/infrequency of reloading, but when your clip is spent, it's many times much more effective to switch to your secondary rather than reload - I need to do a better job at that. 

I see good players take out 3 guys with their primary, whip out their pistol for another 1-2 kills.  Hate being in that reload animation and thinking "shitaki I'm DEAD" as I see the guy come around the corner. 

Another one I just thought of.  When I run into a guy, I will usually shoot or backup and shoot, when a panic knife is the most effective method - if the other guy panic knifes and you shoot you will lose more often that not. 

I do play on tactical but I have a Scuff Controller so I should be able to knife well, just bad habit from when I played with a reg. controller on tactical, you can't panic knife effectively. 

supervelous

Mine used to be panic knifing at random times. I would grip the controller too tightly when shooting but end up trying to knife someone from the other side of the map so I changed to tactical layout then I used to dropshot EVERY gun fight, I couldn't help it. It was too stuck in my muscle memory but a few months ago I started playing bf3 and I would do it on that too but in bf3 if you do that you die as you stop firing so playing bf3 sorted that out and now I have a scuf controller so I can drop and panic knif at will.... Result!

My other one would be use of stuns, for example when capping a Dom flag I will throw stuns in one direction but I don't leave long enough between throws so I sometimes end up double stunning nothing but a plant pot.

cira
  1. Checking the score- for somoe reason i do it often and get blasted.
  2. Run, Run, Run, Run  !!!!! for some reason i always run, even when i know there is a guy comming round the corner. Grrrr
HotRodGod

Studios