Why am I constantly being put on the losing team?

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

not if I play mercenary... just because I play by myself in the non-merc playlists doesn't mean EVERYONE I get matched with is a party, and a good party at that.

I'm partial to the theory that you get paired with teammates based on your stats. I have relatively good stats, so I think they pair me with the players who have less than desireable stats in an attempt to "balance" the teams so all the "good" players aren't on one team.

That's just my little conspiracy theory though...

CoD_Rager

60 kills in KC and only won by 6 tags?  Try grabbing the tags instead of running away from them.

Via_Satellite
Highlighted
Maybe this game has a problem with camping
Gg3715#5482527

I call B.S.

You say that leaderboard is a typical leaderboard for you.  You have yourself listed at 27 - 5, which is over a 5 K/D.  If that performance is so typical for you, why do you only have a 1.38 K/D in team deathmatch?

If you want to win all the time, play with a party of good players, no way around it.  Deal with the lag, or deal with the losses, your choice.

Call_Of_Weezy

Your welcome to your opinion. If you would like an explanation I would be more than happy to offer one: When I first got this game I had a hard time getting the hang of it and so did my brother and as a result I had a really crappy kdr ( around .73) and a defecit of around 700 kills to make just to get to an even kdr.  I have since completely revamped my playstyle and stopped letting my brother play on my account, and it has been steadily rising. Just for clarifcation: I don't think Im that good at all, and the leaderboard example is one of my better games. On average I would say I get a 20+ kills and under 10 deaths, and even in a bad game I will go even or minus one.

hufenstoofer

hufenstoofer wrote:

Your welcome to your opinion. If you would like an explanation I would be more than happy to offer one: When I first got this game I had a hard time getting the hang of it and so did my brother and as a result I had a really crappy kdr ( around .73) and a defecit of around 700 kills to make just to get to an even kdr.  I have since completely revamped my playstyle and stopped letting my brother play on my account, and it has been steadily rising. Just for clarifcation: I don't think Im that good at all, and the leaderboard example is one of my better games. On average I would say I get a 20+ kills and under 10 deaths, and even in a bad game I will go even or minus one.

Not an opinion, just a fact.  Your original post stated that 27 - 5 was typical for you (by posting that leaderboard and saying it was a typical leaderboard for you).  An adjustment to that 27 - 5 stat you originally posted to one that was 20+ kills and around 10 or slightly under deaths would make your overall 1.38 kd more believable.

But now knowing you typically pull a 2 - 2.5 K/D in TDM, it makes even more sense why you are losing.  A K/D of that is not bad at all, but it's not going to be strong enough to win TDM games on a consistent basis by yourself.  So your best option to win more games is to begin playing with a party of players who can pull 2 K/Ds.  It goes back to what I originally said, you have 2 options - deal with the lag, or deal with the losses.

Call_Of_Weezy

Well when it's lagging I cant do well so as I said, clans are not a viable option. And your other mind blowingly awesome suggestion: deal with the losses, is exactly what I have been doing for the last 2 months. So thanks for contributing absolutely nothing to the discussion and being a snark about it. Kudos buddy

hufenstoofer

hufenstoofer wrote:

Well when it's lagging I cant do well so as I said, clans are not a viable option. And your other mind blowingly awesome suggestion: deal with the losses, is exactly what I have been doing for the last 2 months. So thanks for contributing absolutely nothing to the discussion and being a snark about it. Kudos buddy

Lol, you're angry because you said 27 - 5 was a typical game for you, then you retract that and say typical for you is far below that.  You're mad because you're not a good enough player to win TDM games by yourself.  Which if you were a 5 K/D player, you could EASILY pull a 1.5 W/L minimum, instead of being 200 losses below even.

You are a 1.38 K/D player when you have a good connection, if you're lagging, you can't do well.  Who's fault is that?  Good players deal with lag all the time, and still pull a much higher K/D than 1.38, and guess what?  They don't come here moaning about losing, blaming their team mates.

Face it, you have a 1.38 K/D, which isn't good enough to win consistently playing solo.  I contributed to the discussion just fine, I gave you a very good solution, you just don't like it because your skills can't deal with a little lag.

Call_Of_Weezy

Where did I say that I was good or thought I was good?

hufenstoofer

You said that was a typical situation for you.

You went 27-5 in that particular case. If that was a common case then your KD would be anywhere between 4 - 5. You implied that you were a good player by saying that was a common thing to you, but you only stand at 1.38.

Missing_Snorlax

Studios