Why do devs keep putting camping tools in the game?

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Seriously, the motion sensor and the heartbeat sensor have ruined this god damn game. All everyone does is sit in a corner or behind a half wall with a millimeter of their head sticking out and camp alongside a sensor. It promotes camping. I just played CoD4 and I couldn't believe how much faster the pace was, it was great. I can't be the only one that thinks this, right?

dboal152
20 REPLIES 20

I dont realy blame the tools or perks.

I blame stats, lag and the cod community

Some people are very conscious about their kd and will play a very conservative style, to get their kill streak which in turn ups the kd.

And when lag is in play they will sit around and wait to get that kill, when you run around and you cant win a gun fight or constantly get hit markers but no kills. You do what you have to do to get that win.

Cod 4 will always be a measuring post to the true cod fans, but people tend to forget how basic it was.  And when the game was in full force you also had your so called campers and corner huggers there too.

Has for the cod community comment,  the community wants this and wants that, but with each new tool and perk there are advantages and disadvantages. 

In life when things are to complicated it becomes a pain, when things are basic it is fun.

moe_moe1000

Use sitrep. They'll be lit up like Christmas trees so you can either avoid then or carefully take them out. People putting crap down like baby monitors and scramblers actually helps me in FFA, let's me know where they are.

TheSurgeon83

Play a different game type. I find there are more campers in TDM than DOM, at least the campers in DOM are predictable because most of the time they are defending a flag and you will quickly learn the usual spots to watch for.

I don't see camping as a huge issue, most of the people that do it are bad and easy to pick off. If I find myself in a lobby with a lot of them I will just leave it and find a new one after the match.

Edit* Forgot to mention, kids that try to spawn trap are the best, because they use tac's and ALWAYS go back to the same spot after you kill them. I killed the same guy in a match like 10-15 times because he kept going back to the same spot and set up a tac everytime.. He sent me a pretty nasty message after the match lol

IHerpIMyIDerp

Yea I agree. Motion sensors and heartbeat sensors have NO place in the game. The only thing they do is promote camping.

brsox

I disagree. It's not the game that's the problem, it's the people who play it. Baby monitors and heartbeat sensors can just as easily be used against campers (seeing as half of them don't even have the brains to put assassin on). Take for example the rooms on Seatown and Resistance where everyone camps, I'll sometimes throw down a baby monitor just outside so my team can see if and where the campers are. Pretty funny when you throw it down and there's 4+ red dots all in the same room. They can then make the choice to try and clear it out or give it a wide berth. I personally avoid these rooms unless I have to go in to get kills, usually I can lob some C4 in and clear some out.

TheSurgeon83

Or just take it out of the damn game. That would be better. When will they learn that if they put camping tools in the game, people will abuse it. Get ready for BO2, 2 attachments let you see through walls, no joke.

dboal152

They're not 'camping tools', but I don't think you're going to listen to anything we say tbh.

TheSurgeon83

I don't know maybe about 75% of people use it for that purpose. For me I would use mine as a spot checker, while I'm busy elsewhere on the map if I hear that "bleep" I know to make my back around.

But like most things it only takes a few to turn it into a B***H tool & ruin it for the rest.

westsidesteve

I agree with Surgeon83, it's the metality of the people playing and not the game at fault.  One of my friends constantly camps because it's the only way he can survive, his reaction times are shocking and quite honestly he's just not very good,  to be fair to him he doesn't corner camp but he does keep his head down more than the average player.

Some will call what he does patrolling, some call it camping but for him it's either play that way or die.

obzi

Studios