Why is it COD 4 runs the best

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Cod 4 runs so smooth compared to MW2 and MW3 yet it is the same game engine used in all.

I thought when making something new you kept the things that worked and changed the things that were broken or not so good, with the Cod franchise this appears not to be the case.

Everytime a new COD comes out the LAG gets worse, this is possibly due to the fact that all the original staff that worked at IW on COD 4 have now left with alot of them at DICE so they call in new employees who dont fully understand the previous system and they then make it worse.

IW need to learn you can put a plaster on a cut but a plaster wont heal a lost limb!!

BLACKDOG1111
15 REPLIES 15

Less things happening, worse graphics, less killstreaks, less equipment, less alot of things the game has to handle, plus alot less people.

yanks24

I doubt better graphics and killstreaks are the cause of the Lag in this game there is only so much air support in at one time and MW2 runs better that MW3 and that has just as much cr*p in it.

BLACKDOG1111

Killstreaks make a huge difference in lag spikes/frame rate drops.

thisguygotcha

CoD4 was developed by the creators of the CoD series. Not the jokers who work on it now.

There's more focus on bells and whistles to attract more kids every year now and less and less focus on quality of play.

el2kay

Exactly this game needs quality not quantity,( a house with poor foundations is just a disaster waiting to happen )

BLACKDOG1111

Have to agree with that.  There is so much this game is now trying to keep track of compared to older versions that it is gonna struggle from time to time.  Elpresador has an interesting viewpoint on YouTube regarding this...

Take it easy

TSD

el2kay wrote:

CoD4 was developed by the creators of the CoD series. Not the jokers who work on it now.

There's more focus on bells and whistles to attract more kids every year now and less and less focus on quality of play.

Every game apart from mw3  has been developed by IW (the creators of CoD) or treyarch , 

nickzombie

nickzombie wrote:

el2kay wrote:

Every game apart from mw3  has been developed by IW (the creators of CoD) or treyarch , 

That's why there's a part 2 to my answer.

el2kay

COD4 runs better because - No Lag Compensation (that I know of), No Theatre Mode and No Split Screeners.

My opinion.

robsstang

Studios