Why you're lagging more in Modern Warfare 3 than any other Call of Duty (Warning: Wall of Text!)

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Who knows at this point, there have been so many posts and articles about the lag and the matchmaking problems the game has,

You can't cure stupid, but you can sedate it.
Blood, Sweat and Beers.
gambit1969 Level 73

Im sorry, this thread is full of all kind of holes and completely fact lacking. First off, South Korea is the most wired countries in the world and online gamers are treated like our football stars in the states, so to say they dont play online games was a little shocking to me, especially due to the fact ive lived here for 9 years. Our homes here get up to 100mps and our PC game rooms which they have on EVERY corner, no im not exaggerating get close to 400mps and no im not exaggerating about that as well. Most all buildings built within the last 10 years have been lined with FIBER networking and the speeds prove it. Now to address the bullshit LAG issue MW3 has that it seems no other games have. Infinityward have added the networking structure to be region locked, meaning that if im searching in a faceoff playlist it only searches so far from my current IP location, unlike halo 3 where you could have simply changed your locale and played with others from those locations. How does this effect the lag issue, well my friend the lag issue is also host based, meaning if joe snuffie is playing on his cell phone hot spot and he gains host then your royally screwed. Really? How come Mr. Wolf, well you sill simply be playing on the same speed he is connected out and relying on his ping to get back to you or your registered shot to actually register, he can honestly see you before you see him. Now the game is supposed to immediately migrate host if this happens but as long as the game sees you in green Bar and the others in RED it sees no problem, now if you are all in yellow or red, the game will be noticed as a bad host and a new host will be assigned in the game, but not until everyone has a bad connection. THIS IS THE ANSWER, not that bullsh1t that the worlds internet is being bogged down, Ive been wrecking in online FPS's since midnight launch of halo 2 and Counterstrike on PC, I am also a network software engineer and understand this exstensively and how the game is written and the patches sometimes effect that programming. Lets hope BO2 and treyarch get it right, im tired of waiting 30 minutes for a game only to be in red bar.

wwwteamlikcom

Im sorry, this thread is full of all kind of holes and completely fact lacking. First off, South Korea is the most wired countries in the world and online gamers are treated like our football stars in the states, so to say they dont play online games was a little shocking to me, especially due to the fact ive lived here for 9 years. Our homes here get up to 100mps and our PC game rooms which they have on EVERY corner, no im not exaggerating get close to 400mps and no im not exaggerating about that as well. Most all buildings built within the last 10 years have been lined with FIBER networking and the speeds prove it. Now to address the bullshit LAG issue MW3 has that it seems no other games have. Infinityward have added the networking structure to be region locked, meaning that if im searching in a faceoff playlist it only searches so far from my current IP location, unlike halo 3 where you could have simply changed your locale and played with others from those locations. How does this effect the lag issue, well my friend the lag issue is also host based, meaning if joe snuffie is playing on his cell phone hot spot and he gains host then your royally screwed. Really? How come Mr. Wolf, well you sill simply be playing on the same speed he is connected out and relying on his ping to get back to you or your registered shot to actually register, he can honestly see you before you see him. Now the game is supposed to immediately migrate host if this happens but as long as the game sees you in green Bar and the others in RED it sees no problem, now if you are all in yellow or red, the game will be noticed as a bad host and a new host will be assigned in the game, but not until everyone has a bad connection. THIS IS THE ANSWER, not that bullsh1t that the worlds internet is being bogged down, Ive been wrecking in online FPS's since midnight launch of halo 2 and Counterstrike on PC, I am also a network software engineer and understand this exstensively and how the game is written and the patches sometimes effect that programming. Lets hope BO2 and treyarch get it right, im tired of waiting 30 minutes for a game only to be in red bar.

wwwteamlikcom

wwwteamlikcom

Im sorry, this thread is full of all kind of holes and completely fact lacking. First off, South Korea is the most wired countries in the world and online gamers are treated like our football stars in the states, so to say they dont play online games was a little shocking to me, especially due to the fact ive lived here for 9 years. Our homes here get up to 100mps and our PC game rooms which they have on EVERY corner, no im not exaggerating get close to 400mps and no im not exaggerating about that as well. Most all buildings built within the last 10 years have been lined with FIBER networking and the speeds prove it. Now to address the bullshit LAG issue MW3 has that it seems no other games have. Infinityward have added the networking structure to be region locked, meaning that if im searching in a faceoff playlist it only searches so far from my current IP location, unlike halo 3 where you could have simply changed your locale and played with others from those locations. How does this effect the lag issue, well my friend the lag issue is also host based, meaning if joe snuffie is playing on his cell phone hot spot and he gains host then your royally screwed. Really?

wwwteamlikcom

I never specifically said South Korea doesn't play online games. It was a comparison to in population. Most of the countries with the top bandwidth have a significantly smaller gaming population than the US. Also futher into the discussion I talk about the demand for internet. South Korea has few restrictions on the bandwidth. They have more than enough to provide to their consumers because they don't have as many consumers to provide too.

However, in the US every house in the country, pretty much, has 10 devices that need to hooked up to an internet connection. The demand here is so high that the FCC has recently discussed cutting even more bandwidth for broadcast television in order to open more space for 4g internet. I do expect that South Korea will be running into shortages here soon with Samsungs huge boom in the mobile market

Ghamorra Level 75

"G" this is true to some extent, but it still does not explain how South Korea and Australia can play MW3 like we are both sitting on the same lounge chair?

I know South Korea's infrastructure is Fibre to the node, as we are getting this rolled out atm here in Australia. Could that be it? also when we play the Japs, over 4000 miles away we all have 4 green bars. I am not a technocrat, so if someone with a sound knowledge base could answer, I would much appreciate that.

I also get 2 bars when I play my friends in the US and Canada, 3 bars when I play my friends in England. ( sometimes 1 red bar, but not as often as I would have thought?)

BanHaMMer2

Studios