why do people go to prone in CQC?

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

it doesnt make you any harder to hit, any one with a brain can aim down. why do people do it? it just plain looks stupid

j0j0themonkey
7 REPLIES 7

I would think it is because players are more tuned to looking straight ahead and stafe shooting, not looking and shooting at the ground. I am by no means a drop shooter, but dropping to the deck does have its advantages.

jwaller123

Just changed my controller to tactical bout a week ago, (blame jnasty lol) and it WORKS a loads better for me.

I also noticed that I when I first changed I was quite heavy on my thumb ( I didnt realize how much I was PUSHING DOWN  on the right stick) and it made me think bout when I used to get into CQC and wanted to shoot someone but id stab instead and then die ,lol (you know the situation im talking bout). So as  a bi-product of changing my button layout it stops me doing the stab thing when I should be shooting.

Basically, what Ive noticed is although I dont really get knife kills any more, Im getting many more kills and winning more gun fights.

It works great for me.

DR_K1LLINIT

I'd rather them go prone than bounce around like a bloody kangaroo!

obzi

Drop shot

broadband

You would be surprised how many people can't shoot you quick enough when you hit the ground right in front of them. Just a few days ago I drop shot a couple people in a row in the span of 15 or so seconds and I killed them by shooting them in their feet. Their feet were literally taking up most of my screen they were so close.

I don't think they realized when they encounted me within 10 feet that I was a enemy cause I hit the ground so fast..........lol

shawcross

Because they are curling into the fetal postion at the mere sight of your awesomeness?

PeteyLew
Highlighted

When it becomes second nature to drop shot, you win almost every surprise CQB encounter. Only time it backfires is when you are not on a level surface or the person runs past you completely and you wind up prone blocked. Usually though I can swivel and hipfire them in the feet. lol.

JBurn244

Studios