Black Screens and Multiple Instances of CoD4 being opened when one map ends and I download the next one

Modern Warfare Forum

Highlighted

Is anyone out there experiencing a black screen on a server when one map ends and a new map is being downloaded? I download the first two files and then on the third, it hangs up and I have a windows cursor that I can move around. I still see the last download, although it isn't still downloading and after a brief amount of time, I get a "DirectX has experienced an unrecoverable error. Once I click "OK" and I'm back at desktop, I can launch the game again and it goes right in and I can play. I am running Windows 10 64-Bit (10.0.17763 Build 17763) and CoD4 Version 1.7.568

I have bought a nedw video card (Nvidia GE1050Ti) and have the latest drivers. I have procured a new SSD drive and have reinstalled Windows (so as to have a fresh install in case I had a virus) and I have bought a new PC/DVD copy of CoD4 (in case my copy had a corrupted file on it)......all to no avail!! I am at my wit's end in trying to figure this out. I have also downloaded and installed the June 2010 DirectX10 Runtimes in hopes that would work. It didn't.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! If any other info is needed to remedy this problem, just let me know.

Dave

Dave65

Studios