PC FATAL ERROR with the new patch DEC 13th, 2016 when launching COD:MWR Multiplayer

Modern Warfare Remastered PC Forum

PC FATAL ERROR with the new patch DEC 13th, 2016 w...

I, as many other users on PC, are experiencing a fatal error upon launching COD:MWR Multiplayer after downloading the new patch. The specific error appears as "Disc read error 'patch_common_mp''. Deleting said file does not solve the issue but prompts another disk read error. In the game's current state, Multiplayer is literally unplayable on PC. Hoping for a fix soon. If anyone knows a fix, please post it.

EDITL: Apparently, installing the single player version of COD:MWR fixes the error. Hopefully an actual fix will be released soon but if you can't wait, I would give installing the SP a try. 

DECftw
5 REPLIES

Re: PC FATAL ERROR with the new patch DEC 13th, 20...

in reply to DECftw

Hi,  

I solved by installing the singleplayer.

maximilianThe1

in reply to maximilianThe1
I will give a try Smiley Wink Thanks for the info!
Bent000

in reply to DECftw

how i can install sp??

i mean i have alreday installed it when i first installed the game

BarefootRider13

in reply to DECftw

I have the same exact problem. I see they haven't bothered respondiing to anyone here.

Mrcrunch08

in reply to DECftw

If you still have this problem right click the game in your steam library and select properties then go to local files and select verify cache integrity. I just thought of that right after posting my last comment. It found that 19 files failed and had to download 5gb then worked perfectly after that. Not sure what caused the issue but that fixed it. 

Mrcrunch08

Studios