Is it the sound or are my brand new Elite 800x to blame?

Modern Warfare Remastered xbox One Forum

Highlighted

Trying to figure out what's going on here with the sound. I can have a sniper firing off his rifle just a few feet away from me and you can barely hear that thing. Gun fights are just low volume and I've even had folks running around me with and it's hard AF to hear them.

Anyone else with similar experience?

Thanks in advance!

teamperfecto
6 REPLIES 6

I also have Elite 800's and haven't had this issue. Have you downloaded the firmware update? Also have you adjusted the Surround Sound and Signature Audio Presets? Have you made sure your Xbox One settings are proper for the headset?

My problem with the 800's at first was my friends not being able to hear me. That has improved dramatically and I don't know why. I think the first time I did the firmware update it didn't work or something.

As far as the Presets, I like -Movie Mode- with -Signature Sound-. Kinda odd I don't prefer the -Game Mode- with -Superhuman Hearing- or -Footstep Focus- ...but it is what it is.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

@iHattoriHanzo0 wrote:

I also have Elite 800's and haven't had this issue. Have you downloaded the firmware update? Also have you adjusted the Surround Sound and Signature Audio Presets? Have you made sure your Xbox One settings are proper for the headset?

My problem with the 800's at first was my friends not being able to hear me. That has improved dramatically and I don't know why. I think the first time I did the firmware update it didn't work or something.

As far as the Presets, I like -Movie Mode- with -Signature Sound-. Kinda odd I don't prefer the -Game Mode- with -Superhuman Hearing- or -Footstep Focus- ...but it is what it is.

Hey man! Thanks for the answer! I bought these fairly recently, not sure I need to update them but will check. I have not adjuest the surround sound or signature audio presets. I use them as they are. How do you adjust that? As for xbox presets I put it to optic (bitstream out) and then dolby digital. Thats about it. Presets are weird.. I tried superhuman hearing and it does bring out all those high frequency sounds, but it makes it all very bright and.. bad I think. The signature is decent. I then downloaded two Call of duty presets through the app and one of them made things a bit better..

The thing is.. It's not like I cant hear anything, but what I can hear is VERY quiet. Even if I use the dead silence perk or the Eavesdrop, the sounds are just so minimal that I end up NOT hearing the enemy walking nearby. And its all in the middle of a gunfight you can hear sh*t. I love the headset though, but I can't hear good enough which just takes a toll on my performance. I'm usually pretty good on COD, but remove the audio and I'm a bit out in the blind there..  Smiley Sad

teamperfecto

If you were able to download some CoD presets to the app then I'm going to assume you had both the headset and base plugged into a computer via usb. I'm pretty sure the latest firmware (I think there has only been one) will automatically update.

Your settings for the One sound correct to me. I find it odd that the headphones are advertised as DTS yet we need to use the Dolby Digital setting on the console. Smiley Frustrated

Also if you have messed around with "superhuman hearing" than you have adjusted the presets for the surround modes and signature audio. Those are the buttons on the right ear cup. When you press them the voice will say 'game mode, tuned for sports', 'movie mode, tuned for horror', etc..

I'm no expert and everything I know is basically from the user manual. Smiley Very Happy  I find every headset I use to have differences in sound.. even though they are all Turtle Beach's. Nothing drastic changed in the game for me like you've described, but I can tell you have a keen ear from what you're describing so maybe it could be something as simple as changing the preset.. I really don't know.

Not to open another can of worms but what bothers me the most with the headphones is the volume of my own voice. The only adjusting we can control is the "size of the room". None of those settings let me hear myself as clear as the TB's Stealth 500's. Maybe it's because there is no mic boom.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

@iHattoriHanzo0 wrote:

If you were able to download some CoD presets to the app then I'm going to assume you had both the headset and base plugged into a computer via usb. I'm pretty sure the latest firmware (I think there has only been one) will automatically update.

Your settings for the One sound correct to me. I find it odd that the headphones are advertised as DTS yet we need to use the Dolby Digital setting on the console. Smiley Frustrated

Also if you have messed around with "superhuman hearing" than you have adjusted the presets for the surround modes and signature audio. Those are the buttons on the right ear cup. When you press them the voice will say 'game mode, tuned for sports', 'movie mode, tuned for horror', etc..

I'm no expert and everything I know is basically from the user manual. Smiley Very Happy  I find every headset I use to have differences in sound.. even though they are all Turtle Beach's. Nothing drastic changed in the game for me like you've described, but I can tell you have a keen ear from what you're describing so maybe it could be something as simple as changing the preset.. I really don't know.

Not to open another can of worms but what bothers me the most with the headphones is the volume of my own voice. The only adjusting we can control is the "size of the room". None of those settings let me hear myself as clear as the TB's Stealth 500's. Maybe it's because there is no mic boom.

Thanks for the info man. Appreciate it! I like the 800x headset but I heard a lot of people complain about the mic. Just like you mentioned. Will try and make it work with these badboys. Want the audio to sound GOOD so I can get all those kills again Smiley Wink have a great weekend man!

teamperfecto

No it's definitely the elite 800x. I have corsairs I plugged into the controller and my dog chewed through the cord. I tried my up to date 800x's and the sound is quiet and every present sounds horrible. Even skull Candy earbuds sound better than these $250 pos headphones.

hellknight505

I have the same issue.  Did u fix it ?

D.Olah
Devil_KillerSk

Studios