Modern Warfare Remastered General Forum

Is it just me or does it seem like there is alot more campers in remastered than the original?

Aewoks
39 REPLIES 39
I guess times change.. To be honest, every time a new CoD comes out, the first few weeks are always slower and 'campier' I guess, people aren't familiar with the maps and tend to sit in buildings and don't venture out. (Why I don't know!)

Guess it'll settle out over time like it always does.. Kinda!
RevoDown__

There have always been campers in COD4.... it was actually worse back in the day, and it will get to that point when people go right back to their favorite spots and habits.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

It was Part of the Original - Camping was massive, but there are counters

PRaNK5Ta7

COD 4 was always this way, and it's not a bad thing. Tactical gameplay means hiding around corners and in windows. There is nothing wrong with that, it is strategy. It's how real war is. In real war, people would camp for days before finally running out to fight. As always, if they can camp, you can camp. There's really nothing for or against you in terms of how people can play. Use grenades to your advantage. Grenades lost their charm in the later games but they are so important in COD 4.

gwiddle

I couldn't of said it better myself. Props.

If I may, here's one of my post:

There is nothing wrong with camping. Let me give it to you straight. Camping was, is, and always will be a part of the game. Whether you like it or not, camping will always be present. Why? Because it's one of the fundamentals of military strategy. And, what kind of game are we playing?

On a side note, if you are a good player, campers should be no problem. Hell, that's the first thing they teach you in Modern Warfare: "Check those corners!"

pureevil777
in reply to pureevil777

Deleted

Deleted2345

@Deleted2345 wrote:
Are you camping's publicist? It's a disease in the remaster and games are so boring and slow you can't move anywhere. 

Here's another one of my post:

If you haven't already figured it out yet, this is a camping game. It's not the "arena shooter" type of CoD that the franchise has become, but a use-your-noggin strategy game. The first team to get a point puts pressure on the opposing team. Sometimes, matches don't finish to the final score when time runs out, but that's how it is.

I guess I am a "camping" publicist. Maybe you should try a less challenging game. 

pureevil777
in reply to pureevil777
Deleted
Deleted2345

Who says Halo takes more skill and challenge than CoD? Did "jesus" tell you that? You're in the wrong Forum. 

It sounds to me like your butt is sore from all the rape you received from "campers". If you have a problem with killing "campers", then...how do I put this delicately...you suck! 

And, "pathetic strategy"? What's your win/loss ratio? Kill/death ratio? I bet they're both negative, and the reason why is probably because of that very same "pathetic strategy".

"Camping does not take skill and it does not make you good." - Whining about it doesn't make you good, either. 

This is what I take away when I camp.

1. I maintain a positive K/D. Especially in tdm, you can't win if you don't go positive. I hate it when I'm trying my best to win the match, and some knucklehead (probably someone like you) go 0-15 to lose the game. In other game modes, this same knucklehead (again, probably someone like you) gives the opposing team endless streaks. How frustrating is that?

2. I discover and memorize all the popular "camping" spots and its correlating lines-of-sight. 

3. I learn how to kill a "camper" in those above-mentioned spots. 

"Know your enemy." - You ever hear this phrase? Your argument is pathetic. 

pureevil777

Studios