Cant find any games %28PC%29

Modern Warfare Remastered Support Forum

Cant find any games %28PC%29

So I bought the game from Microsoft Store, but I can't find any games, or even see any players on the lobby list while looking for players. Yet, the percentage value indicates that there is players playing some game modes. No matter how long I wait, games are not being found.

My NAT type used to be Moderate, then I allowed UDP 1200 as game suggested, and now NAT type is Open. I also have deactivated Avast and other additional virus protections and firewalls, but none of this doesn't seem to help.

After Googling possible solutions I also found out that this version wont even work on the same server system as where Steam users plays the game. I would imagine there's way more players for these games on Steam, than on Microsoft Store, including all my buddies. So I'm kinda pissed that Microsoft Store doesn't indicate in any way that buying the game from there will isolate you from the actual player base..

SPUnFIN
2 REPLIES

Re: Cant find any games %28PC%29

in reply to SPUnFIN

Got the game 3 weeks ago as a bargin bin buy.  Finally played my first game yesterday after hours of trying.  Several things wrong with this and all of COD games released after WoW (COD5).  Biggest is the matching "Lobby" system used to find games.  Relying on Activision to get you into a match instead of a real server browser is unreliable at best.  Also there may be players online but if you don't have the maps from DLC you may not be matched at all.  And when there are only100 +/- 20 to 25 playing total, your odds arn't good unless you have all the DLC, which I'm not buying. Remastered was an after thought in which Activision wanted to pickup some loose change and is sadly mostly dead now, I think.  But hope you get into a match.

hueydriver
Highlighted

Re: Cant find any games %28PC%29

in reply to hueydriver

Yeah, hard to say, as I can't see the actual amount of players, only percentage number per game type. I surely have no DLC's, so that might be the case +the fact that I'm able to match only agains other Microsoft Store users.

I've been chatting with Activision support at Twitter, and so far they haven't figured out the reason for my issues. I already opened and forwarded all the ports MWR is using, and reinstalled the game.

If all this information would have been on the store page (DLC issue and separation from Steam players), I surely wouldn't have purchased it. :/

SPUnFIN

Studios