MW Remastered - 4 player split screen or not?

Modern Warfare Remastered Support Forum

Hi guys,

I can find no information about 4 player local play for Modern Warfare Remastered, it's all about online and co-op. So, can anybody tell me if it still offers 4 player on one console? It's the only reason I'll buy it as we play once a week on "lad's night" but I have no interest in online play. The lack of information about this anywhere isn't very handy!

Thanks for any help!

Jim.

Jimrod
17 REPLIES 17
yes I believe that ut will
KSU_JOE

Hey there, 

MWR has 2 player split screen available for Online Multiplayer, but not for Campaign. You can find some more information on that in our MWR Gameplay FAQ under #2 in General Questions. Let me know if you have any other questions about that! 

-Sean 

Go to Activision Aces!
Community Coordinator

I believe OP was referring to offline play. Can 4 people play offline on one xbox against each other through local split screen???

Siskothedisko

Hi, thanks for the replies - yes, I mean 4 player offline vs, like MW2, it's the only reason for me to get it but still can't find any info!

Cheers.

Jimrod

Hey again,

Sorry for not clarifying that earlier, but the 2 player split screen is both online and offline in MWR and IW. There is no option for 4 player split screen. Sorry about that! If you have any other questions though feel free to ask. 

Go to Activision Aces!
Community Coordinator

Many thanks for your reply!

I guess I'll have to dig out MW2 on the old 360 then, shame really, would have been nice to upgrade to a newer version!

Jimrod
Highlighted

Yeah, unfortunately it doesn't allow for 4 player splitscreen yet. Might come in a future update, as it's really a selling point for the series

solarriors

Not to be rude but that's honestly dumb you guys need to change that

Varingx_Gaming

Hi I was wondering up until about a week ago I used to be able to play two player online with one PS+ account and one normal account. Now it won't let me do two accounts unless I buy PS+ for the other account. What changed?

Tony___Stark

Studios