MWR Playlist Consolidation & (free) DLC.

Modern Warfare Remastered General Forum

I think the playlists need some consolidation in order to improve matchmaking quality. Below is how I'd like to see it handled. 8 playlists (at minimum) would be made available at any given time during the week with an extra playlist reserved for the weekend (Fri morning - Mon morning) that would bring the total to 9. Two of the 8 playlists that are available throughout a week are featured playlists that get rotated. A featured rotational playlist remains available for a two-week period before being switched out. The two featured playlist slots alternate their change-over so that each week is bringing about a new playlist. By rotating these less populated modes they should receive a population spike when they rotate-in for a temporary period of time which will provide them with a much improved matchmaking experience.

• Team Deathmatch (6v6)
  • Hardcore Team Deathmatch (6v6)
  • FFA (8-Player)
  • Team Objective (6v6) a mixed-bag playlist
    • Domination
    • Kill Confirm
    • Search and Destroy
    • Headquarters
    • Hardpoint
    • Sabotage
    • Demolition
    • CTF
  • Ground War (9v9) a mixed-bag playlist
    • Team Deathmatch
    • Domination
    • Kill Confirmed
  • [Old School] Team Tactical (3v3) a mixed-bag playlist & made to be the Ranked Play mode for MWR
    • Team Deathmatch
    • Domination
    • Sabotage
    • Search and Destroy
    • Headquarters
  • *Featured* Rotational 1: Features a particular mode offering bi-weekly then rotates to the next. Offset from Feature #2 by a week.
    • Hardcore Kill Confirm (6v6)
    • Hardcore Headquarters (6v6)
    • Hardcore Search and Destroy (6v6)
    • Hardcore Domination (6v6)
  • *Featured* Rotational 2: Features a particular mode offering bi-weekly then rotates to the next. Offset from Feature #1 by a week.
    • Old School Cage Match (1v1)
    • Old School FFA (6-Player)
    • Old School Kill Confirm (6v6)
    • Oldcore (6v6)
  • Weekend Warfare: Features a particular mode offering every weekend then rotates to the next the following weekend.
    • Gun Game (6-Player)
    • Gun Game - Launchers (6-Player)
    • Prop Hunt 
    • Mad Props
    • Beachcomber
    • Shotguns and Pistols (6v6)
    • Damage and Health (6v6)
    • Streaks Confirmed (6v6)
    • Snipers Only (6v6)
    • RPGs Only (6v6)
    • Slasher

Another issue pertains to the availability of playing the DLC maps online and the harmful fragmentation that paid-for DLC causes to the player-base population. At this point I think that the DLC map pack should be made free and even mandated for online play. That way everyone who still invests time with this game will have access to the maps including those who already paid for them like myself as it's incredibly annoying never getting to play the paid for maps online. Not to mention, this also helps prevent the population from becoming fragmented between those who have and those who don't have. Plus, I advocate for increasing the Depot Credits that can be earned from matches and featuring a permanent (non-rotational) playlist once a week by giving it 2x the XP. Reinvigorate incentive for players to spend time in this game... and it'll obviously spur some more money being spent via Supply Drops too.

eLantern
5 REPLIES 5

I think they stopped supporting this game a while ago.

Bad form really,especially as they keep adding things to the store. 
Surely if they are continuing to add monetary items to the game it should mean they have some sort of legal obligation to keeping the game updated?

I feel totally cheated after paying for the DLC, I think I've only been in a lobby with the map packs twice since they were released.

UK ScorpZ

What annoys me the most is their (the developers) utter lack of communication with their consumers (and the general community) beyond social gaming celebrities and only during a title's primary life-cycle.

There should be some open dialect and discussion toward sustain efforts.

eLantern

Hey there, 

Sorry for the late response and thank you for the detailed post. I'll do what I can to forward up that feedback, but please do also report that through our MWR Feedback Form. We are still around the forums and while we may not see feedback posts as often as support you can always reach out to any of our community coordinator accounts directly through PM. 

Anyways, let me know if you have any questions about all of that, but thanks again for the feedback. 

-Sean 

Go to Activision Aces!
Community Coordinator

@Seanicus23 wrote:

Hey there, 

Sorry for the late response and thank you for the detailed post. I'll do what I can to forward up that feedback, but please do also report that through our MWR Feedback Form. We are still around the forums and while we may not see feedback posts as often as support you can always reach out to any of our community coordinator accounts directly through PM. 

Anyways, let me know if you have any questions about all of that, but thanks again for the feedback. 

-Sean 

Thank you so much for the response. I was feeling frustrated and pretty disappointed that there seemed to be nobody to contact in order to create discussion regarding long-term sustain efforts.

Just out of curiosity is there a list of the community coordinator accounts? I did not intuitively know where, or with who, I should attempt to make contact.

-Luke

eLantern
Highlighted

I WANT INFECTED MODE IN PRIVATE MATCH! IT WILL be fun!

JeUXX

Studios