Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My portal of power shows up as connected in devices but doesn't appear in the game. And I can't seem to get support on this!

Skylanders Battlegrounds Forum

My portal of power shows up as connected in devices but doesn't appear in the game. And I can't seem to get support on this!

I linked the portal of power with my iPad (at least it shows up as "connected" and then when I open the game, the portal shows up but with a ! Putting a character on it doesn't seem to do anything. And it doesn't help that I can't seem to find a manual for the ipad version of the game! Support not helping....

Level 1
3 REPLIES

Re: My portal of power shows up as connected in devices but doesn't appear in the game. And I can't seem to get support on this!

in reply to Noah_Bear

Hello Noah_Bear,

Sorry to hear about your portal not working.

To successfully connect your Portal of Power, follow these steps!

• Turn on your Bluetooth Portal of Power
  • Enable Bluetooth on your iPhone/iPad/iPod by tapping:
  • Settings
  • General
  • Bluetooth
  • Then turn Bluetooth on
  • Press the Bluetooth sync button on the bottom of the Portal of Power (the light will blink rapidly).
  • From the Bluetooth settings menu, tap on Portal of Power in the device list

Your Portal of Power should now be paired with your device!

Please let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

^JG

ATVI Support

Community Coordinator

Re: My portal of power shows up as connected in devices but doesn't appear in the game. And I can't seem to get support on this!

in reply to Noah_Bear

We are having the identical same problem. I wrote to Activision Support and gave them a lot of crap about having short hours and not being more conscious about their support during the Christmas season and no support over the weekend. I seem to believe that some of these were shipped without a usb transmitter which I believe goes inside the battery compartment. We will find out on Monday. We returned the first one we bought and were surprised to find that the replacement didn't work either. Very disappointing!

good luck with your problem.

Bill

Level 1

in reply to Noah_Bear

If your device is being showed as connected in your I pad or other device it really is. The problem is they don't tell you that you have to play the game and reach a certain point before the Portal becomes useable. The game will tell you when you can use it. Then turn it on, push the little connect button on the bottom and in your device tap on the Portal of Power in the Blue tooth section assuming you have Blue tooth enabled. That should do it. This is a very complicated game and I don't think my 7 year old will be able to handle it. Play the game and after a few battles you will be able to use the portal of power. Make sure you have all of those little cards that came with it because they contain the registration codes for each player.

Have fun!!

tball724

Level 1
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS