Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giants Figure No Longer Recognized on Portal

Skylanders Giants Forum

Giants Figure No Longer Recognized on Portal

My son went to play Skylanders today and for some reason his Thumpback is no longer working.  We get no message when he is on the portal.  The portal doesn't even recognize that he's there for it keeps asking us to place a figure on the portal.  Does anyone know why this might be happening and how we can fix poor Thumpback?  Thank you so much for any help.

Level 1
8 REPLIES

Re: Giants Figure No Longer Recognized on Portal

in reply to crunchynerd

Hi Crunchynerd,

Apologies for the delay with responding to your post.  Please indicate the platform you are on.  Also, are there any other figures with any issues when placed on the portal?

Additionally, you may want to try the following Activision Support

Let us know the results.

Thanks ^AH

Community Coordinator

in reply to _KidA_

Hi AH,

We play Skylanders on our Wii.  I tried all of our figures and only Thumpback does not work.  We just bought Swap Force (also for the Wii) and I tried him on the new portal and he still doesn't work.  I don't get any error messages when he's on the portal.  The game keeps asking me to put a figure on even though he is there.  I tried moving him all around on both portals but neither will recognize that he is there.  Is there any way for me to fix him?

Thank you again for your help! 

Level 1

in reply to crunchynerd

Greeting crunchynerd,

Have you attempted to reset the toy? In order to do this, please follow these directions:

1. Keep the Skylanders toy on the Portal of Power and open the Pause Menu.

2. Return to the Main Menu.

3. Open Settings.

4. Select General.

From here, you should see an option to reset the toy. Try this out, and let me know if you are still having issues with the toy being read.

Thanks,

^JG

ATVI Support

Community Coordinator

in reply to Seanicus23

I tried resetting him but it doesn't give me the option to reset.  It only asks if I want visiting nicknames.

Level 1

in reply to crunchynerd

Hi Crunchynerd,

Unfortunately, it sounds like the figure may need to be replaced.  The link I provided in my previous post has additional information on what to do if none of the troubleshooting tips resolve the issue.  Here's the link again Activision Support

Regards ^AH

Community Coordinator

in reply to _KidA_

Thank you so much for your help OGHuxtable and EmiliozGunz.  I just filed a claim for a replacement figure.  I appreciate you taking the time to help me.  Have a great day!

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to crunchynerd

Its no problem at all! Should you nee any further assistance with this, or if you have other questions/issues that require our attention, please let us know.

Thanks,

^JG

ATVI Support

Community Coordinator

in reply to crunchynerd

im having same problem but on a brand new game. It's Christmas and no help available. Only 1 of the 3 skylanders work and my son is very disappointed. Not a happy customer . This is for the wii

Level 1
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS