Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App crashing.. Lost everything.. Losing my mind.. Help!!!

Skylanders Lost Islands Forum

App crashing.. Lost everything.. Losing my mind.. Help!!!

We are playing Lost Islands on two iPads (iPad & iPad2, both on iOS 6) a different player using each one. Each had different Skylanders, levels, gems, etc. (i.e. the game was not being shared between iPads). We started having problems after signing up to Activate on the iPad, and activating via Facebook with the iPad2, so that we could connect to collect Kudos. Upon activating with Facebook on the iPad2, the game became unplayable and would crash upon opening or attempting to do any activity or task.

In order to try and resolve the problem, I deleted the app from the iPad2 and reinstalled in order to try and download the data from the cloud. After doing this and starting the game (with none of our data) I then logging back on with Facebook I received a ‘Load Error 10’. After this the game, continues to crash upon entry.

When starting the game on the iPad (logged in with Activate) the game prompts to restore data from the cloud, displaying a difference between local and cloud data. This prompt shows the local data to be that which belongs to the iPad, and the cloud data corresponds to that of the iPad2.

We have spent hundreds of ‘real’ dollars with in app purchases, we are currently missing all data from iPad 2 (Level 31, over12 million in gold, hundreds of gems, all Skylander except Admiral Thumpback), so I desperately need help from someone.

Level 1
19 REPLIES

Re: App crashing.. Lost everything.. Losing my mind.. Help!!!

in reply to timoneill73

Hi Timoneill73,

We're very sorry to hear this has occurred.  Just to clarify since there are two devices involved and two separate accounts, please provide us with the following information for both accounts:

Device/Account 1:

1. Your Activate name.

2. Previous and current level. (Only applies if the account was reset to level 1 or rolled back).

3. Any gems lost and dollar amount spent on gems. (Indicate whether or not gems were lost).

4. Specify the device.

Device/Account 2:

1. Your Activate name.

2. Previous and current level. (Only applies if the account was reset to level 1 or rolled back).

3. Any gems lost and dollar amount spent on gems. (Indicate whether or not gems were lost).

4. Specify the device.

Also, specify if the error code 10 was received on both devices and accounts.  Are both accounts connected to Facebook?  Is it the same Facebook account?  Are both accounts experiencing the same issue.  If not, specify separately the issue occurring on each account.

Thanks ^AH

Community Coordinator

in reply to _KidA_

Thanks ^AH,

Details requested:

Device1/Account 1:

1. Your Activate name. timoneill73

2. Previous and current level. (Only applies if the account was reset to level 1 or rolled back). Level 28

3. Any gems lost and dollar amount spent on gems. (Indicate whether or not gems were lost).None

4. Specify the device. iPad v1 iOS 6

This device/account (iPad1/timoneill73) prompts for to 'Choose your save' on startup. The local data is correct. The Cloud Save appears to be the data for the Device2/Account2 (last played:10/10/13; Kingdom Level: 31; Goals Completed: 598; Skylanders: 79). I dont want to overwrite this.

Device2/Account 2:

1. Your Activate name. This device was linked with a Facebook account only - kimwilson17 (public Facebook ID)

2. Previous and current level. (Only applies if the account was reset to level 1 or rolled back).previous Level 31, game just crashes when trying to open with this ID.

3. Any gems lost and dollar amount spent on gems. (Indicate whether or not gems were lost). Gems lost: approx 400, all up approx $AUD 160 spent.

4. Specify the device.  iPad v2. iOS 6

We use a common Apple/Gamer ID between these two devices. Maybe this is where the issue lies, when combined with saving to the cloud...?

I think if you could transfer the save in the cloud from the Activate ID timoneill73, to a new account (for the iPad2/kimwilson17 account) this may resolve the problem. If this is possible... Sorry not trying to tell how to do your job... I work in software, and this seems to be the problem and possible solution...

Thanks very much, your help is most appreciated.

Level 1

in reply to timoneill73

Sorry forgot about Load Error 10.

This is only being experienced on Device2/Account2. This is the only one logged in with Facebook.

Regards,

Tim

Level 1

in reply to timoneill73

Hi Tim,

By any chance, did the second account (kimwilson17) log into the iPad v1 under the Activate account and saved any data for that account to the cloud?  It would be helpful to know in order to pin point how a cloud save from one account is pulling data to a different account.

Thanks ^AH

Community Coordinator
Highlighted

in reply to timoneill73

Hi AH,

No second account has never logged into iPad V1 both devices are completely independent of each other and have never been logged in under either accounts. 

The original symptom still exists however, App crashing - reverted to level 1 - lost everything, Error Load 10 (that is when you CAN get into the App).  The issue of the two games saved data to the Cloud is a secondary issue to the first and most important issue - the crashing and load error.  I think if you resolve this issue I might be able to log back in via FB and at least get my Cloud data back on iPad2!

FYI These issues never existed at all before we signed up to Activision on these devices.  Worked perfectly fine just having data saved locally on the device working under the same apple ID.

Any update on a resolution to the original symptom - app crashing load error 10?  It's been days and days now.

Thanks

Level 1

Re: Re: App crashing.. Lost everything.. Losing my mind.. Help!!!

in reply to timoneill73

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the clarification.  For testing purposes, can you please try the following and report back with the results?

Please follow the steps in the order listed below:

1. Un-install and re-install the app.

2. When you are prompted to log into your Activate account select No.

3. Start a new local file by selecting Play alone.  This will take you through the tutorial.

4. Once you complete the tutorial, log into your Activate account.

If this does not resolve the issue, we'll have to forward the matter to the developer for further investigation.

Thanks ^AH

Community Coordinator

in reply to _KidA_

Hi AH,

After following the above I got a Load Error 10, it then asks me to Check for updates, or go to Support. If I check for updates, I then get a Load Error 14.

Thanks

Tim

Level 1

in reply to timoneill73

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the update.  I will go ahead and forward your issue to the proper channels.  Once we receive word back on the status, we'll have more information to provide you.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards ^AH

Community Coordinator

in reply to timoneill73

Hi AH,

Any updates here? As you can see from one of my earlier posts the Level 31 game which is getting the Load Error 10 and 14 hasn't been played since 10/10/13, that's 8 days since it first started crashing.

I understand you have forwarded it to the proper channels but it seems that there are a stack of users experiencing the very similar issues, (some for weeks too) surely such a critical bug should be resolved by now?

Thanks

Level 1
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS