Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game crashes when accessing Activate network

SOLVED

Skylanders Lost Islands Forum

Game crashes when accessing Activate network

Hi, all. i checked through the forum for the past few days but didn't see anything quite like this.

I'm running the latest version of the game on my iPad2 with the newest iOS. Everything was working fine up until a few days ago when i logged into the game and then my game crashed back to the ipad screen when it tried to access the Activate Network.

There are no error messages, it just crashes out of the game.

I tried:

Closing the game and reloading - no go

Closing the game, shutting off the ipad and starting - no go

putting the ipad into airplane mode to see if i could at least play it "offline" but as soon as i press on the kudos button, it crashes.

If i get into the game and pick up all cash, etc, it seems to work but then when it crashes and i open the game again, all of the items that i just gathered are back...

I tried removing the game from the ipad and reinstalling it but while it seemed to work with a new game, as when i connected to my Activate account, it started to crash again...

If i use a wish stone at the well (which usually saves the game with each wish stone), it crashes...

Hoping for any help anyone can give. I've put too much time and $ into the game to have it all go away now!

Thanks all.

Level 1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Game crashes when accessing Activate network

in reply to LuvMov
Solution
‎21-11-2013 06:34 PM

Hi LuvMov,

We appreciate your patience.

If you are still encountering an issue with Lost Islands, please try the following Activision Support . Should you need additional assistance, a support phone number is available within the article so an agent can assist you further.

Regards ^AH

Community Coordinator
18 REPLIES

in reply to Demonholme

Same EXACT problem here. I posted on a different thread and haven't gotten an answer yet. I'm thinking I'm going to have to call the support phone #. Mine started yesterday. There's usually an update on Mondays and I was hoping that would fix the issue but no such luck...update happened.. but it's still broken.

Level 1

in reply to Kalistae

Hi Kalistae,

We've been awaiting a response from you in order to forward your information for further investigation.  Please respond to that post what the requested information.

http://community.activision.com/thread/200769945#.Uld5cFBebnE

Thanks ^AH

Community Coordinator

in reply to Demonholme

Judging from the number of other posts submitted over the last few days, it's clear that this is an issue affected many people. i really hope the issue is fixed soon! We're missing out on the new content!!! 

Level 1

in reply to Demonholme

Same problem with me since Saturday 5th. Have contacted them through facebook but only got a reply asking device details etc.
Hope there is a fix soon as I've put almost a year into this game!

Level 1

in reply to Lilmissdanae

Hi Lilmissdanae,

We have responded to your original post.  Please provide us with the requested information in that post.

http://community.activision.com/thread/200777760#.Uld4vFBebnE

Thanks ^AH

Community Coordinator

in reply to Demonholme

My game won't load either now. It just crashes out...

Level 1

in reply to Traceyg

Hi Traceyg,

We have responded to your original post.  Please provide us with the requested information in that post.

http://community.activision.com/thread/200777735#.Uld4KlBebnE

Thanks ^AH

Community Coordinator

in reply to Demonholme

Hi Demonholme,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with the game crashing.  Thank you for providing us with details of the matter.  If you could kindly provide the following information, we can forward your issue to the appropriate parties:

1.  Specify the iOS version you are currently running on your iPad 2

2. Your Activate name.

3. Previous and current level (Only applies if the account has been reset or rolled back).

4. Any gems lost and dollar amount spent on gems. (Indicate whether or not if gems were lost).

Thanks ^AH

Community Coordinator

in reply to _KidA_

Hi, there. thanks for the response. Here are the answers to your questions:

1.  Specify the iOS version you are currently running on your iPad 2

v7.0.2 (11A501)

2. Your Activate name.

Due to privacy reasons, we have removed your email address from this post. ^AH

3. Previous and current level (Only applies if the account has been reset or rolled back).

N/A - haven't lost anything, as far as i can tell.

4. Any gems lost and dollar amount spent on gems. (Indicate whether or not if gems were lost).

N/A - haven't lost anything as far as i can tell.

The problem is just that whenever i try to access the Activate network, it crashes the game back to the iOS main screen. I'd like to note that this same thing happens on my iPhone, which is also at the same iOS version as the iPad.

NOTE: I updated to the latest version of the game yesterday (SwapForce) and really hoped it would help but the game crashes at the same point.

I would really love a resolution to this as it's now going on two weeks since I've been able to play the game.

Thanks.

Level 1
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS