Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game stuck at fantasm forest kaos

Skylanders SWAP Force Forum

Game stuck at fantasm forest kaos

Hello,

Swap force keeps getting stuck at end of fantasm forest.  After defeating kaos, nothing happens.  His ship goes down.  His health meter disappears.  Nothing happens.  We continue to fly in space looking at the red and blue targets for shooting water.  I have unplugged the portal multiple times.  The chord is straight and away from the box.  Not connected to internet.  We can hit + to get to other options.  Seems like there are lots of posts about getting stuck.  What can I try?

Level 1
18 REPLIES

Re: Game stuck at fantasm forest kaos

Hi. That same thing happens with my kid's game. Will somebody from Activision reply, please?

Thanks.

Level 1

I too get stuck in the exact same place. My game freezes at other areas too, but if we just retry that particular level or area after a reboot we are fine. But not this one. Wasted 2 hours going through the exact same land just to have it freeze after beating Kaos three separate times. I've followed the freezing guidelines that have been posted, but they do not help. I cannot continue with the game. Please Help. This is frustrating. Thanks.

Level 1

in reply to jgsketch

Hi. The same happens with our game. We're playing Skylanders Swap Force/ Wii and everything's fine until we beat Kaos three times. After this we don't see any other enemies - only our 2 cursors. We can move them but nothing happens.

Following other hints we deleted old saved games but without success. Really frustrating as we tried this chapter three times! Looking forward for help!!! Thanks.

Level 1

in reply to Shirkan

Our last try: we changed the playing characters and reduced them to one player. I don't know, if this is the wright solution - but it works for us.

Level 1

in reply to Shirkan

WWe tried this as well but it did not help. We tried a different character as well as going at it with one character. Going to try for the fourth time tonight.

Level 1

in reply to Shirkan

We had the same problem and followed the suggestion at http://www.ehow.com/how_7148145_clear-storage-wii.html

We deleted not only saved games (leaving only Skylanders) from all other games but also deleted essntially all "Wii Channels". After that the game worked perfectly and could proceed to the next level.

Level 1

in reply to jgsketch

Hi Jgsketch,

We appreciate you taking the time to post.  Can you please specify the platform you are?  Also, clarify the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.  Such as checking the game disc for scratches, fingerprints, cracks.  To help identify if the matter is disc related, would it be possible to try the disc on another console (friend/family member)?  Additionally, please specify the exact point where the freezing occurs.

Regards ^AH

Community Coordinator

in reply to _KidA_

Hello,

I am using a Wii.  I do not have another console to try it on.  I have cleaned the disc and checked for scratches and smudges.

The game does not freeze so much as it fails to proceed to the cut scene / cartoon.  The end of the level requires you to shoot down Kaos in his flying ship.  His health bar is at the top of the screen.  We have shot him down 3 different times.  His ship disappears and his health meter goes away.  Per the guidebook, this is the end of the level.  However nothing happens.  We can still move our cursors / targeting circles on the screen.  We can still fire at nothing.  We can hit "+" to get to the options screen.  The game still moves and responds, it just has us staring at blue sky with no bad guys.  At this point it should proceed to the next cut scene cartoon and then take us to Woodburrow for the next level.  It does not.  We just stare at blue sky and can fire at blue sky but do not move forward.

If I hook my Wii up to the internet, is there a patch?

What else do I need to try?

This sounds like a problem that has happened to other people in the same manner.

Level 1

in reply to _KidA_

I'm using the Wii original. I did check the disc and cleaned it. It did not help. I've also gone through the normal steps of making sure the cord is not bundled, away from other electronic devices. As for what happens exactly, see kkd1 response above mine. It's the exact same issue, place and time.

My child can no longer play the game and this is unacceptable considering the amount of time and money invested in this game and characters.

As for the suggestion of removing Wii console memory and channels, this too is not a good solution. I have profiles and saved game info on here that I'm not willing to loose.

Level 1
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS