Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Wii SWAP Force game keeps freezing. Anyone else having this same problem?

Skylanders SWAP Force Forum

My Wii SWAP Force game keeps freezing. Anyone else having this same problem?

My Wii SWAP Force game keeps freezing around Level 10.  Exchanged the disc at the store, but I'm still having the same problem even with the new disc.  My Wii works fine with other games.  Anyone else having this same problem?

Level 1
38 REPLIES

Re: My Wii SWAP Force game keeps freezing. Anyone else having this same problem?

in reply to molly12345

My son's Swap Force for Wii is also constantly freezing. At first I thought it was a defective disc but seeing that others are having the problem makes me leery of wasting my time exchanging it for another that might not work.

My son is very frustrated since he doesn't understand the concept of rushing a product out the door before the bugs are worked out. Actually, neither do I.  I've convinced him to go back to playing Disney Infinity until Activision provides guidance on this issue.

Level 1

Re: My Wii SWAP Force game keeps freezing. Anyone else having this same problem?

in reply to Edge35

My son was doing fine until level 7 and he had a friend playing with him.  They were playing with two swapped characters on the portal.  The game continued to freeze at exactly the same place and gave off a continuous horn noise.  We restarted, we unplugged the wii, I cleaned the disk, all to no avail.  The only thing that worked was playing with one unswapped character.  My son is disappointed and I am very surprised and unimpressed that Activision would release a game that is so obviously buggy.  What are you going to do about it, Activision?

Level 1

in reply to Edge35

I contacted Activision and the key is to disconnect your Wii from the internet. It works after that. Do not reconnect to internet at this time. They are passing on the information and hopefully going to either patch or replace disks. I have left my info and they said they will contact me when their developers find a solution.

Level 1

in reply to molly12345

I tried mine on two systems and exchanged at store for another and still having problem getting through first battle. Freezes with annoying noise. What's going on.

Level 1

in reply to rich074

I contacted Activision and the key is to disconnect your Wii from the internet. It works after that. Do not reconnect to internet at this time. They are passing on the information and hopefully going to either patch or replace disks. I have left my info and they said they will contact me when their developers find a solution.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to molly12345

Same here.

Level 1

in reply to molly12345

Same here. My Wii is the blue Skylanders Giants bundle. I works fine with Skylanders Giants. My DVD has no scratch.

It seems the game freezes at the exactly same time point.

Level 1

in reply to molly12345

The same thing has been happening to us today (10/19).  We've had the game since Day 1.  It has been freezing randomly but today it freezes a few minutes after we start up the game.  The system makes a high pitched noise and I have to unplug it in order to turn it off.  I've played other Wii games today with no problem including Skylanders: Spyro's Adventures and Skylanders Giants. 

Level 1

in reply to crunchynerd

Level 1
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS