Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Wii SWAP Force game keeps freezing. Anyone else having this same problem?

Skylanders SWAP Force Forum

Re: My Wii SWAP Force game keeps freezing. Anyone else having this same problem?

in reply to FlavaSprinkles

In regard to which Skylanders, only my 7yo son could answer that! He's in bed now, I'll try to find out.  He has the 3 that came with the EU game, as well as 4 others we purchased.

He's been swapping from 1 character to another fine, it's just swapping body parts that causes the freeze.

Level 1
Highlighted

Re: My Wii SWAP Force game keeps freezing. Anyone else having this same problem?

in reply to molly12345

Well... I was just about to take our game back to the store until I found this forum......

My son Brandon has autism and spent the afternoon crying yesterday when we couldn't get his new game to work....  I used this opportunity to tell him about how life doesn't always work out the way you planned and how disappointment  can sometimes happen when things need to be fixed . But... man,  I sure wish I could have provided this lesson some other time and with something he wasn't looking so forward to 

Does anyone know if there is going to be some type of patch for this?   I have pre-bought all the other Skylander characters for his birthday coming up - what should I do....

Level 1

in reply to molly12345

Hey Activision,

This is a great way for you to lose your customers. My son is probably one of the biggest Skylanders fans out there. He has been saving his money for months. When he tells me that maybe we should return the Skylanders portal and instead get the Disney Infiniti, I think you are in trouble. We will wait for a few days to hear back what your plan of action is. He may want to give you a try after you have sorted out your incompetence but likely you will lose a loyal customer that has bought pretty much every Skylander out there.

Level 1

in reply to peruanista

I contacted Activision and the key is to disconnect your Wii from the internet. It works after that. Do not reconnect to internet at this time. They are passing on the information and hopefully going to either patch or replace disks. I have left my info and they said they will contact me when their developers find a solution.

Level 1

in reply to peruanista

Hello,

Please do go ahead and try what Rich has suggested. We know that it works for some players, but not all.

You're welcome to shoot send a PM my way as well, we want to get everyone back ingame to their Skylanders!

^LM

ATVIAssist

Player Support

in reply to molly12345

Hello Guys,

I think I found something. The game was freezing exactly same time point during game play. So I posted a reply on this thread.

An idea struck me this morning.  I was thinking may be the folded USB cable is coupling to itself or something. To test my assumption, this is what I did.

Originally the portal was on my Wii. I moved the portal away from my Wii. Also I unfolded the cable to prevent coupling to itself.

NOW THE GAME WORKS!!!! My son and I just finished the first chapter. We are so happy!!!

If you have any problem, unfold the usb cable and place the portal away from your Wii.

Good luck!!!

Level 1

in reply to newmedia

the funny part about this post os that all the problems are on wii not ps3 not xbox not wii u i don't knowwhats going on but i have ps3 so that figures. activision need to fix this quickly so they don's lose customers

Level 1

in reply to jerryv20

Hi Jerry,

If you're running into a freeze on your PS3, just let us know which Skylander you're using, along with when the freeze occurs for you.

If you can, try disconnecting your PS3 from the internet as well, thanks!

Let us know if that works for you.

^LM

ATVIAssist

Player Support

in reply to newmedia

I contacted Activision and the key is to disconnect your Wii from the internet. It works after that. Do not reconnect to internet at this time. They are passing on the information and hopefully going to either patch or replace disks. I have left my info and they said they will contact me when their developers find a solution.

Level 1

in reply to newmedia

Hello!

We're glad to hear that you got it working!

If the freeze resurfaces, let us know ASAP!

^LM

ATVIAssist

Player Support
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS