Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Wii SWAP Force game keeps freezing. Anyone else having this same problem?

Skylanders SWAP Force Forum

Highlighted

Re: My Wii SWAP Force game keeps freezing. Anyone else having this same problem?

in reply to molly12345

I contacted Activision and the key is to disconnect your Wii from the internet. It works after that. Do not reconnect to internet at this time. They are passing on the information and hopefully going to either patch or replace disks. I have left my info and they said they will contact me when their developers find a solution.

Level 1

Re: My Wii SWAP Force game keeps freezing. Anyone else having this same problem?

in reply to molly12345

Hi Molly!

Sorry to hear that you guys are running into a freeze. Can you please go ahead and try what some of your fellow Portal Masters have suggested below; disconnecting your console from your network, and see if you can play without an issue then?

Also, if you know, please let us know approximately how old your Wii is.

This is being looked into as I type this, and the moment any of us on the team hear more, we'll definitely let everyone know.

Thanks!

^LM

ATVIAssist

Player Support

in reply to FlavaSprinkles

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately, we already returned the game.  After trying three discs and making so many trips back to the store, I was so discouraged, I just wanted out all together.

To answer your question, our Wii is about 5 years old.

Level 1

in reply to molly12345

Very sorry to hear that! I do thank you for taking the time regardless and let us know the requested information. It will prove very helpful with our investigation.

Should you decide to obtain another copy, please feel free to contact us with any other issues that you may be having.

Thanks,

^JG

ATVI Support

Community Coordinator

in reply to molly12345

you know my game used to freeze too but then it stopped freezing.

Level 1

in reply to cool256

Same here, all seems to be ok now, has it been patched?

Level 1

in reply to molly12345

Hi,

My sons has been freezing and I do not have the Internet connection setup at all.

Level 1

in reply to wiiplayers

Hello All,

Wanted to let you know that there was an update pushed that has addressed these freezes. If you are still encountering any freezes, then please send me a private message with further details regarding the specifics.

Thanks,

^JG

ATVI Support

Community Coordinator

in reply to Seanicus23

Had the same issue, tried the internet thing, no go.  What has fixed it for me is to free up 1500+ blocks of free space.  I first moved all my

sons saved games I could to the sd card, this only got me up to about 600.  I then moved the internet + video channel to the sd card,

this freed up over 1100 blocks alone, giving me a total of 1700 free.  I then re-enabled my wireless and played the game.  It has worked

perfectly since doing the above.  They are pushing a hotfix which requires 1500 blocks, this worked for me, hopefully it works for

everyone else as well.

Good luck!

Level 1
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS