Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My swap force portal doesn't work!

Skylanders SWAP Force Forum

My swap force portal doesn't work!

Hello just bought a swap force starting kit for my godson for his wii, we plugged it and nothing happens, on the screen it keeps saying to put a skylander on the portal! but when we do it nothing happens!

we tried the third generation skylanders on the former portal (spyro's adventure) and it worked, so we don't thing there's a problem with the skylanders.

Is there a way to fix it?

Level 1
27 REPLIES

Re: My swap force portal doesn't work!

in reply to tahititam

Hi. I have an issue with the portal, too.

The Swap Force game, running on XBox 360, complains "Portal Disconnected" even though the Portal is connected via USB to a functioning USB port. The portal lights up, indicating it has power. Meanwhile, the original Skylanders portal works without any difficulty connected to the same USB ports. We've tried several of the USB ports on the XBox, but we still get the error every time. This is our first time trying to play Swap Force. Needless to say, this is disappointing. I've searched support forums and find no matches for this problem. I guess the portal that came with the new game is bad?

Level 1

in reply to PortalDisconnec

Same gaming system. Same game. Portal only blinks once and then goes out.  Tired all 5 USB ports.  Same error message.  "Portal Disconnected."  I have filed claims within the 90-day warranty for software (claim # 03062099) and hardware (claim # 03062105) replacements.

Level 1

in reply to etkmadrid7

Hi Etkmadrid7,

Thanks for providing the claim numbers.  I'll follow up with you via direct message to get some additional information regarding the issue you are having.  Please be sure to check your inbox.

Regards ^AH

Community Coordinator

in reply to _KidA_

I have the same issue on PS3 as it seems a lot of people are having. The portal of power has power from my console but it keeps saying put a skylander on the portal no matter what skylander you put on the portal it doesn't recognize anything. I have tried to submit a claim for return but it says that my model number does not exist and I can't ever get anyone on the phone at tech support does anyone even work there this is beyond frustrating.

Level 1

in reply to cowhand86

do not enter the zeros in front of the model number, that worked for me

Level 1

in reply to tahititam

We got my son swap force for the wii for his bday. The portal wouldn't work at all. We called activision and they sent us a new one bc it's under the 180 warrantee. The new one now lights up but still says to connect the portal. We have giants and it works fine. Very frustrating!

Level 1

in reply to clayc3466

Hi Clayc3466,

Do you have any other portals near the one you are experiencing an issue with?   Is it near any wireless devices?  Also, please be sure the cable is not bound.

Let us know if you are still experiencing this issue.

Regards ^AH

*Update

Clayc, I'll send you a direct message.  Please be sure to check your inbox.

Community Coordinator

in reply to tahititam

At beginning of Swap Force game it says I have to unplug other portals.  No other portals are plugged in and the batteries are out of the old Skylanders portal.  I have turn the Wii U off unplugged the portal and turned game back on and replugged the portal and it still says to unplug other portals.

Level 1

in reply to SkylandersTroub

My son got this game for christmas, however we have been unable to get to work due to the error message - THERE ARE TOO  MANY PORTALS PLUGGED IN.

There are no other portals plugged in and we have tried turning off unpluggling and re starting. I took the game back to the shop today and asked for some advice but they said there must be a faulty cable so exchanged the starter pack but this one does exactly the same thing! Very frustrating.

Please could I have a resolution on how to get this too work?

Thanks

Level 1
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS