Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS4 version SWAP Force - not conncting to servers, can't view friends scores or leaderboards and read sign for Newsworthy trophy. Any suggestions for solving this?

Skylanders SWAP Force Forum

PS4 version SWAP Force - not conncting to servers, can't view friends scores or leaderboards and read sign for Newsworthy trophy. Any suggestions for solving this?

I have both PS3 and PS4  versions of the game. Never had any issues with the PS3 version but the PS4 version will not connect  to the servers so I cannot see friends scores or leaderboards. Also cannot get Newsworthy trophy. Any one else had this problem? Any suggestions on how to resolve will be appreciated.

Level 1
12 REPLIES

Re: PS4 version SWAP Force - not conncting to servers, can't view friends scores or leaderboards and read sign for Newsworthy trophy. Any suggestions for solving this?

in reply to olsero

I'm also having the problem with Newsworthy. I haven't tried logging onto the servers yet but I imagine it will be the same problem. My NAT is type 2, PS4 in a DMZ, got all the PSN ports forwarded, signed into PSN, using CUSA 00024 SKU. Tried on both hard and easy difficulties on separate save slots, tried only using starter pack Skylanders, tried replaying via level select... nothing.

EDIT: tried connecting to leaderboards and get "Unable to connect to Swap Force server". This is while I'm logged into PSN with NAT 2, PS4 in a DMZ. Could it be an ISP problem? I'm with iiNet in Australia.

Level 1

Re: PS4 version SWAP Force - not conncting to servers, can't view friends scores or leaderboards and read sign for Newsworthy trophy. Any suggestions for solving this?

in reply to Zambayoshi

Have you had any luck with this? 5 months later I am still getting the issues you described. There appears to be a 1.01 patch for the PS4...which downloads but then cannot install.

Level 1

in reply to WillC_AU

Still not resolved yet.  As you have experienced, I am also getting the error code CE-36434-0 when trying to install the 1.01 update.  There have been several people posting on the Facebook "ActivisionAssist" all with the same issue, all from Australia and just for the PS4 version.

Level 1

in reply to olsero

After having my PS4 packed away for a move I got it back out the other day for the kids, I'm trying to install an update for "Skylanders Swap Force" but keep getting the error

"Cannot Install CE-36434-0."

This is an issue I would like to get an answer to, because from searching on the web and Facebook pages etc, it seems as if it is only an issue for Australian and New Zealand owners.

When I try to update the patch, I get a CE-36434-0 error and will not progress any futher. I have reset my router numerous times as well as redownloading the update. The file downloads no issues 42MB,I am 90% sure this isn't a issue with the PSN etc I think the problem lays with Activision but help would be appreciated. As I have had back and fourth with Activision Support and they repond with the generic Sony's Code = Sony's Fault etcBut I have contacted Sony Australia (Playstation) twice and they have both times send me emails regarding possible fixes etc. So far I have deleted the data and save game files off my system so none exisit and rebuilt database as that DIDN'T work I reset my PS4 back default / factory knowing full well what I was doing and reinstalled Skylanders Swap Force and nothing downloads and fails to upate and shows said Error Code.Any Information? Offline Update or previous update etc.

Level 1

in reply to FroudeyBrand

Hi mate, no luck still with Activision. They are ignoring the issue now that Trap Team has been released. I've lodged complaints with the ACCC and Department of Fair Trading, and reported the problem officially to EB Games, which is where I bought the game. The only known solution at the moment is to get a hold of an EU copy of the game, delete your AU version, and then install the EU version. You might have a problem patching the EU version (as I did) but the base version of the game will work properly with online as well as giving you the Newsworthy trophy (and platinum). I no longer have the EU version, but if you send me a message on PSN (Zambayoshi) I might be able to put you in contact with someone who has an EU disc.

Level 1

in reply to Zambayoshi

Had a case open since 10th October and they said they would send me a replacement disc now 21st Dec they want me to send a part back to them prior to sending me the replacement "part"

Level 1

in reply to FroudeyBrand

I'm having the same problem (in Australia also). I bought this for my kid for Christmas, and I can't install the update. Bad show.

Level 1

in reply to pixor

Wow, still no fix, that is pretty weak.

Any luck with the ACCC avenue, Zambayoshi?

Level 1

in reply to olsero

Wow - here I was thinking I was grtting a great game to play with my kids - just did an update on my PS4 and a funny error code appeared when trying to play Skylanders swap force. Quick search on various sites and note that many others have been having similar troubles for more than 12 months????? Clearly Activision is happy to take our money for these games and associated figures, but where is the technical support??? I would have thought after nearly 12 months something would have been done to sort it out. Clearly not impressed........

Level 1
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS