Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased Wii version, then our Wii died. Will the game also work on the WiiU?

Skylanders SWAP Force Forum

Purchased Wii version, then our Wii died. Will the game also work on the WiiU?

I know the WiiU is out there, but really don't want to but 2 versions of the same game.   The WiiU plays Wii games but was unsure if Swapforce needed to be the correct version for each platform.

Level 1
4 REPLIES

Re: Purchased Wii version, then our Wii died. Will the game also work on the WiiU?

in reply to jandk523

I'm curious as to the answer here as you have a requirement to interface with hardware...not sure if the Wii emulation on the Wii U can do that. In my opinion, the Wii version is an absolute mess. I would try and get Activision to swap out the game to Wii U for sanity's sake.

Level 2
Highlighted

Re: Purchased Wii version, then our Wii died. Will the game also work on the WiiU?

in reply to Gamer_2013022816391784770

I disagree, I was playing on Wii and except the issues with collection stars, the game havent crushed even once. Maybe it does for couple of people, but stating it's a mess is way too stretched.

Level 1

Re: Purchased Wii version, then our Wii died.  Will the game also work on the WiiU?

in reply to SennyB

Let's just say there is an unavoidable appearance that the Wii version has more issues than the other platforms...so odds are better that someone on that platform is having an issue.

Level 2

in reply to jandk523

You can play the wii version through the wii U console.  It is fully backwards compatible BUT the Wii version isn't half the game the Wii U version is.  I bought the Wii version for my son at Christmas and we started to play it but noticed that there were certain elements missing.  They were kind of like, it looks like something is supposed to be here but isn't??? So I checked into it and sure enough there was content missing from Wii version versus the Wii U version but somehow the price was the same ?  I wasn't too happy so I returned the Wii version, bought a Wii U and the Wii U version and WOW.  The graphics aren't in the same realm and there are many things present that were not in the Wii version.

If it were me, I'd buy the Wii U version of the game and try and sell the considerably poorer Wii version.  

Level 1
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS