Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any chance of a patch to correct this data loss

Skylanders SWAP Force Forum

any chance of a patch to correct this data loss

any chance of a patch to correct this data loss in swapforce to keep our rankings accolades characters ?

Level 1
11 REPLIES

Re: any chance of a patch to correct this data loss

in reply to lucar123

What's the purpose of these forums if no one from Activision answers? On Topic: I'd like to know the status of this, as there are multiple threads here and on Dark Spyro with folks STILL having this problem. A workaround is just as welcome if a fix isn't  forthcoming.

Level 2

in reply to Gamer_2013022816391784770

no answer on problem starting to feel like nobody on support cares about gamers problems

Level 1

in reply to lucar123

they seem to forget that we buy the games if unanswered at the end we decide what and were to  buy

Level 1

in reply to lucar123

I experienced the bug on my Wii U

The only workaround I am aware of is to wipe your game data in the Wii U data management and start over again.

Now one can circumvent the bug, by not using the main menu option (its triggered for sure by use of options->Gamepad play->Gamepad only from the main menu).

Instead, load your save file and go THEN in options and use the Gamepad play option as you like.

Level 1

in reply to JayuJace

thank you

Level 1

in reply to lucar123

Just to clarify I'm on PS3 and there are a number of accolades missing; the number of stars present in list doesn't match what it says I should have. As a result, I can't get access to the stars for those accolades nor does the portal master dashboard reflect true status.

It defeats the purpose of continuing the game to get all of these crazy achievements achieved if the game itself can't properly store my records and communicate it effectively.

So, after completing story mode and rounding up what stars are left, I'm realizing that I'm missing accolades and stars (collection stars and treasure stars)... for example for collection stars it says I only have 38 of 87 yet when I view the list of accolades and count up the stars missing it's only 11 or so...and when I count total number of stars it's far below 87. I've conferred with the guide and I am realizing many are "missing".

Has anyone else experienced/experiencing this and if so is there any known resolution?

Level 2

in reply to Gamer_2013022816391784770

i save from main to usb memory use it as backup to restore to main  still would have loved a acknowledgement of problem and a patch@

Level 1

in reply to lucar123

Your option still requires starting a new game from scratch, all you are suggesting is just keeping a backup save file. If a person is going to start a new game they could just avoid switching to the gamepad before loading their game. 

Level 1

in reply to lucar123

Activision, CREATE A PATCH FOR THIS ISSUE. I have to download a 32mb (according to data management) patch if I erase my game data as is. If you already have a patch update, from as long as I have had the game, why can't you implement another to address this WELL KNOWN accolade issue? It has been months and months and you have simply ignored all the Wii U players out there as far as I can observe. I have no longer been playing Swap Force, knowing I can't hit 100% and of course not bought any of your products. I keep checking back hoping something will be done about this so I can continue enjoying my Skylanders.

I am an adult gamer, and have about $600 worth of Skylanders products. I will certainly not be purchasing any additional games in the series and am just gonna sell my figures online to some schmuck who doesn't know better and wash my hands of the franchise if nothing is done about this.

You have really managed to suck all the fun and enjoyment out of what is otherwise a fun and well done game by neglecting your Wii U players regarding a single bug.

Level 1
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS