Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN DLC REQUESTS

Spider-Man

Highlighted

Re: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN DLC REQUESTS

in reply to NewsLad1

@newsladits good to know you let the devs know about our requests. one thing i will say tho is the unlimited crime thing has been disscussed since day one and quite frankly the only update of any consequence. yes other community requests will add to the game but this is the one that would really "finish" the game off and take it to its potential. its been so long now, from release till now, that regardless of how good the game is, many gamers would have traded in now due to having nothing to do in the game world. if the game ever recieves this update, the devs should be thankfull players still have this. obv new players would benefit from said update but its those from day one that would dig it the most. if its a possability, they need to get a move on and let us now.

Level 1

in reply to webslinger2012

3 possibilities:

- They cashed in and forgot about us

- They push out an update once they release the WiiU Version

- They simply don't care and wrote it down as a possible idea for the sequel

Level 10

in reply to TimFL274

fingers crossed for number two then.

Level 1

As far as updates go, it can be a tough process for a number of reasons. Making sure the core game stays intact is always the #1 priority: no matter how awesome a feature is, you can't put it in if it's going to screw up some other part of the game (even if it's a small part that a minority of players will experience). In the cases where a feature is greenlit, then you need to actually implement it, then bug-test it, then send it through cert. Even the best case scenarios are never like flipping a switch.  This is part of the reason why post-release updates to the core game aren't very common: if something was too risky or time-consuming to be put on the main disc, putting out as an update or including it in DLC still may be prohibitive from a risk standpoint.

Additionally, there are often technical issues that may seem simple when you're playing the game, but actually have a major impact from the development side, so something that may seem easy to implement may actually cause major problems "under the hood".  Furthermore, every game is put together differently, so something that actually WAS easy to implement in one game may cause huge problems in a different game.

Note: I'm not a dev at Beenox so I can't say whether or not any of this applies for ASM, I'm just providing it as background information for this and future games: if there's something that isn't in your favorite game which really seems like it should be there -- especially if a similar feature was in a previous game -- there's probably a reason for the omission.

@TimFL- Honestly, I think that sort of categorization is oversimplified and frankly, a little unfair. Beenox implemented major features for Amazing Spider-Man, like Web Rush and Free Roam. If the game had been a "cash-in", they could have just relied on fans to pick it up because had the movie's name on it. But that's not what they did: this was treated in every way as a triple-A Spidey title.

Second, whether or not Beenox is able to get this one particular feature into the game, rest assured they care about the quality of the game, and they certainly care about what fans think.

in reply to NewsLad1

hey newslad.im not having a dig at the devs or yourself. the fact you are still here talking with us is appreciated. and i also understand the risks of altering the base game and i also get that these things have to be tested and then tested some more. im in no way trying to say this would be an easy implementation or demmanding they do it. what im getting at is the timescale of things. its been a while since the game came out so what im saying is if the devs are considering it, they could let us know. not even needing to know if they are or not doing it. just if its something they are looking at. other than that, even if the devs came back and said "no, afraid its not something we can do with this one" that would also be fair. its not knowing their position is what im getting at and if it is on the cards, it would do them well to let us know. even if its not a deffo thing.

. thanks for your time newslad. your communications on our behalf is apprecieated.

.if you could get any sort of reponse on this......"request", that would be awsome.

.cheers

webslinger.

Level 1

Hi Webslinger,

Thanks for the kind words, and I get where you're coming from: wanting to get a solid "yes" or "no" on certain features is certainly reasonable. I'll ask around.

Just to let you know in advance, though: for various reasons, it's rare to get individual feature confirmations outside of larger announcements. The next big news drop will likely be around the release of Wii U; however, if there's an exception in this case or any others, I'll bring it out on the boards.

in reply to NewsLad1

cheers muchly

Level 1
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS