cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activision/Beenox, Marvel and PSP Users please read!

Spider-Man

As we all know the new Spider-Man Game(Spider-Man:Edge of Time) was announced this month and I a PSP User, am fed up with the Spider-Man Games on the PSP! I or probably other people around the world want MORE and BETTER Spider-Man Games on the handheld, it might be fine for other people since they (probably)have a PSP and PS3/Xbox/Wii but what about the others? the people who only has a PSP and don't have a PS3/Xbox/Wii? Like for example, the Wii will be releasing a Spider-Man game and (USUALLY) there will also be a DS Version of the game which will also be great! Yeah Sure you released one of the latest Spider-Man Games on the PSP(Spider-Man:Web of Shadows) no offence or anything, BUT IT SUCKED!! so please, make a PSP version of the Game. Even though, it's not as great as the Console versions or doesn't have the same gameplay but please, if ever you will make a PSP version just make it better than the previous PSP adventures of the Wall Crawler. To the person reading this please vote (and post a comment if you want to) if you want a PSP version of the Wall Crawler's New Game.

jun_7912
6 REPLIES 6

Hi Jun,

We appreciate any and all feedback, so thanks for making this thread.

That said, you'll probably get more traction if you "parse" your full post a bit more, as right now it's dense and hard to read (this is generally a good idea no matter what forum you're on).

Here's how I would edit your post (totally just my opinion) to make sure it gets read by the largest number of people. Changes are Italicized, bits I'm commenting on have bold asterisks (**).

As we all know the new Spider-Man Game(Spider-Man:Edge of Time) was announced this month.

As a PSP User, am fed up with the Spider-Man Games on the PSP!

I and probably other people around the world want MORE and BETTER Spider-Man Games on the handheld. *

It might be fine for other people since they (probably) have a PSP and PS3/Xbox/Wii, but what about the people who only have a PSP and don't have a PS3/Xbox/Wii? **

For example, the Wii will be releasing a Spider-Man game and (USUALLY) there will also be a DS Version of the game which will also be great!

Yeah Sure you released one of the latest Spider-Man Games on the PSP (Spider-Man: Web of Shadows) no offence or anything, BUT IT SUCKED!!

So please, make a PSP version of the Game. ***

Even though it's not as great as the Console versions or doesn't have the same gameplay but please, if ever you will make a PSP version just make it better than the previous PSP adventures of the Wall Crawler.

To the person reading this please vote (and post a comment if you want to) if you want a PSP version of the Wall Crawler's New Game. ****

* - This is your thesis statement, or the central point of your post. Good move putting it near the top, but I think it could even be the leading statement. That said, showing that you're frustrated with the status quo is fine too, so either way works.

** - This is a good point to bring up: not everyone who has a console also has a handheld. I should note, however, that we have not yet announced which consoles (handheld or otherwise) that SM:EoT will launch on. Once we get the official news, we'll put it here first!

*** - This would be your "Call to Action" for the developers. Definitely put it on its own line and give it some 'breathing room.' It wouldn't be out of line to bold it, either.

**** - This is another "Call to Action," but directed at fellow gamers. Good job putting it at the end of the post rather than burying it in the middle: if you want people to do something, try to make sure it's the last thing you say to them in any given conversation.

Also, thanks for leaving out any profanity and doing the courtesy of putting in a "no offense" about the fact that you didn't like the PSP version of WoS. It's a little touch, but it's always a good move to try and criticize constructively rather than just ranting.

Anyway, the devs read these boards regularly, and we pass info up to them as well, so your sentiments will definitely be heard. Thanks for posting!

HeroHQ_Admin

As we all know the new Spider-Man Game(Spider-Man:Edge of Time) was announced this month and I a PSP User, am fed up with the Spider-Man Games on the PSP! I or probably other people around the world want MORE and BETTER Spider-Man Games on the handheld, it might be fine for other people since they (probably)have a PSP and PS3/Xbox/Wii but what about the others? the people who only has a PSP and don't have a PS3/Xbox/Wii? Like for example, the Wii will be releasing a Spider-Man game and (USUALLY) there will also be a DS Version of the game which will also be great! Yeah Sure you released one of the latest Spider-Man Games on the PSP(Spider-Man:Web of Shadows) no offence or anything, BUT IT SUCKED!! so please, make a PSP version of the Game. Even though, it's not as great as the Console versions or doesn't have the same gameplay but please, if ever you will make a PSP version just make it better than the previous PSP adventures of the Wall Crawler. To the person reading this please vote (and post a comment if you want to) if you want a PSP version of the Wall Crawler's New Game.

Well, you've got my vote. ;-)

Incidentally, I tried on these boards last year to drum up support for a PSP version of Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions. Unfortunately, I think with the general lack of upcoming software and the looming NGP on the horizon, the PSP is slowly fading away. Believe me, I hate to say this, as I am a large PSP fan myself.

My hope is that perhaps Activision will deliver Spider-Man: Edge of Time to the NGP, perhaps as a launch title if the release of the new handheld coincides with the game's release. Given the NGP's purported power, it could potentially be just like the console versions. In fact, I'd love it if Activision and Beenox could bring the console version of Shattered Dimensions to the NGP as well.

But otherwise, yes, it's hard to be an optimistic PSP fan these days. I was at least looking forward to Thor and Captain America from Sega, until they canceled the previously announced PSP versions.

Still, know that you have a fellow supporter of more Spidey for PSP!

(By the way, my own opinion, but I really enjoyed the PSP version of Web of Shadows. To me it had an old-school 2-D feel that I enjoyed from the many Spider-Man games on Game Boy Advance, it had exclusive bosses and helper characters, and very funny dialog).

mrk1976

I just got my psp and I'm loving it. I would definitely get a psp version of edge of time even after I get the console version just to have it with me on the go.

alakai117

Hi Jun,

We appreciate any and all feedback, so thanks for making this thread.

That said, you'll probably get more traction if you "parse" your full post a bit more, as right now it's dense and hard to read (this is generally a good idea no matter what forum you're on).

Here's how I would edit your post (totally just my opinion) to make sure it gets read by the largest number of people. Changes are Italicized, bits I'm commenting on have bold asterisks (**).

As we all know the new Spider-Man Game(Spider-Man:Edge of Time) was announced this month.

As a PSP User, am fed up with the Spider-Man Games on the PSP!

I and probably other people around the world want MORE and BETTER Spider-Man Games on the handheld. *

It might be fine for other people since they (probably) have a PSP and PS3/Xbox/Wii, but what about the people who only have a PSP and don't have a PS3/Xbox/Wii? **

For example, the Wii will be releasing a Spider-Man game and (USUALLY) there will also be a DS Version of the game which will also be great!

Yeah Sure you released one of the latest Spider-Man Games on the PSP (Spider-Man: Web of Shadows) no offence or anything, BUT IT SUCKED!!

So please, make a PSP version of the Game. ***

Even though it's not as great as the Console versions or doesn't have the same gameplay but please, if ever you will make a PSP version just make it better than the previous PSP adventures of the Wall Crawler.

To the person reading this please vote (and post a comment if you want to) if you want a PSP version of the Wall Crawler's New Game. ****

* - This is your thesis statement, or the central point of your post. Good move putting it near the top, but I think it could even be the leading statement. That said, showing that you're frustrated with the status quo is fine too, so either way works.

** - This is a good point to bring up: not everyone who has a console also has a handheld. I should note, however, that we have not yet announced which consoles (handheld or otherwise) that SM:EoT will launch on. Once we get the official news, we'll put it here first!

*** - This would be your "Call to Action" for the developers. Definitely put it on its own line and give it some 'breathing room.' It wouldn't be out of line to bold it, either.

**** - This is another "Call to Action," but directed at fellow gamers. Good job putting it at the end of the post rather than burying it in the middle: if you want people to do something, try to make sure it's the last thing you say to them in any given conversation.

Also, thanks for leaving out any profanity and doing the courtesy of putting in a "no offense" about the fact that you didn't like the PSP version of WoS. It's a little touch, but it's always a good move to try and criticize constructively rather than just ranting.

Anyway, the devs read these boards regularly, and we pass info up to them as well, so your sentiments will definitely be heard. Thanks for posting!

Thank you too. And I appreciate that you have an edited version of the post which is a lot, lot easier to read Smiley Happy.

I'm assuming that it will come out on consoles only, because that's what I saw on IGN and(usually) what IGN says is true.

jun_7912

Well, you've got my vote. ;-)

Incidentally, I tried on these boards last year to drum up support for a PSP version of Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions. Unfortunately, I think with the general lack of upcoming software and the looming NGP on the horizon, the PSP is slowly fading away. Believe me, I hate to say this, as I am a large PSP fan myself.

My hope is that perhaps Activision will deliver Spider-Man: Edge of Time to the NGP, perhaps as a launch title if the release of the new handheld coincides with the game's release. Given the NGP's purported power, it could potentially be just like the console versions. In fact, I'd love it if Activision and Beenox could bring the console version of Shattered Dimensions to the NGP as well.

But otherwise, yes, it's hard to be an optimistic PSP fan these days. I was at least looking forward to Thor and Captain America from Sega, until they canceled the previously announced PSP versions.

Still, know that you have a fellow supporter of more Spidey for PSP!

(By the way, my own opinion, but I really enjoyed the PSP version of Web of Shadows. To me it had an old-school 2-D feel that I enjoyed from the many Spider-Man games on Game Boy Advance, it had exclusive bosses and helper characters, and very funny dialog).

I would also like to see Spider-Man:EoT and Spider-ManSmiley FrustratedD on the NGP. Let's just hope that those two would be one of the launch titles.

But, even IF that would be one of the NGP's launch titles I still hope that it would have a PSP version since, not everyone could afford to buy the NGP as soon as its released right? Smiley Happy

jun_7912

You definitely got my vote.

No I do not own a PSP, but am considering it and would like it if BEENOX do release a psp version.

Also I hope, if they do make a psp version, they port it or even make an actual NGP version, as the NGP is supposedly coming out next year.

Fingers Crossed :lol:

jordan96
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS