cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create-A-Level-Mode! Thread

Spider-Man

Hey, ther.

Have you ever gotten board with having to play the same city levels like in Spider-Man 2 over and over again and, even though they were good, got bored?

Well why not a Create-A-Level-Mode where you can make your own fun and wacky levels/missions. You can also choose, if its going to be a level, to place it anywhere in the storyline, through a drag and place method to drop then in between actual levels to help shape a new storyline.

Have Spidey chase a helicopter and watch it fly into the building and fight and save them at the same time. How about creating a level/Mission where Spidey is ambushed and has to fight his way out or have him chased by the police, and shoot at you, have helicopters flying after you.

The choice is yours. :cheese:

You can even create your own cutscenes to fill in the blanks to make it more enjoyable by being able to look at a 3D models folder where you van select the action and control ther direction, head direction whatever. You can even have the characters speak selecting some of the phrases form the current an previous games.

(I think I'm over-imagining this :-S)

Maybe they can be able to do this who knows.

So, do you like the idea of creating your own levels (maybe not as difficult as my way of making them though :lol: )?

Also feel free to vote and Share your opinions on: PS1 Spiderman 1+2 on PS Store http://www.herohq.com/forums/viewthread/20108/

and

Sam Ramai/Tobey Maguire. Spider-Man Trilogy game Collection http://www.herohq.com/forums/viewthread/20913/

jordan96
21 REPLIES 21

I can see that on Multiplayer not story because this isnt Shaun White's Spider-Man

CLASSICWERT

I thought it was possible until cut scenes were mentioned. How are the devs going to manage that?

alakai117

Doubt this would happen. Sounds fairly well but don't think gaming is ready for a feature like that.

thespectre

I think some lego games did that actually, but then again it was a lego game and so the concept made sense.

alakai117

With something like what I think this game is going to be I can't see the feature being put in without being buggy and I feel like it would take up a lot of time that could be focused on other aspects of the game.

thespectre

so I guess we all agree no create a level mode

alakai117

Doubt this would happen. Sounds fairly well but don't think gaming is ready for a feature like that.

Don't be so sure.

Far cry let you create acres upon acres of land, adding each individual tree, plain of grass, and even shaping the surface of the land with hills and valleys.

And inFamous 2 has a feature where you can craft your own missions and upload them online for other people to play.

Adding these two together is completely possible.

However, I agree that its not gonna happen soon.

In my opinion Spidey himself still needs some more refining before Beenox start trying things like level creation.

It would definitely be cool though.

Cartridge

Should not have said that. Should of said that a Spiderman game isn't read for this/ does not really need the feature.

thespectre

i agree....many games are not ready for this yet, I mean games such as this.

Games like Trial HD, Trackmania, Modnation racer are all fit for Create a Level.

Even multiplayer games like FarCry, Halo have this feature.

However using this for Spiderman may not be appropriate. If the Spiderman game does feature multiplayer therefore it would be wise to include this Create a level.

In those games above you can do a lot of things and gameplay is essentially designed for the custom map. But for a game like Spiderman, all you'll really do is swing and attack enemies. So i don't see how fun it would be to try other people's map since you'll eventually be doing the same thing: swinging and attacking bad guys.

Dante's Inferno Trail of St Lucia allowed users to create a map. However that can be played multiplayer and features different scenario to the custom map.

If Spiderman Edge of Time can acquire some sort of scenario or gameplay changer, or multiplayer then it would be wise to include a Create a Level mode.

blackxino
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS