cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizable Combat Moves?

Spider-Man

Highlighted

Do you want customizable combat moves or not be able to customize them?

wwedbzjon
25 REPLIES 25

what do you mean by customizable?

alakai117

If you mean upgrading abilities then yes...but if anything else, I don't know what you mean.

thespectre

what do you mean by customizable?

Like being able to buy, and make your own combat moves

wwedbzjon

sorry it doesn't even qualify to make sense...lol

when you play Action Adventure games or Hack n Slash genre, you are basically making up your moves during combat.

Games like Prince of Persia and Batman Arkham Aslyum uses single button dynamic combat, meaning you keep pressing A and Batman keeps fighting and pulling off different moves with the same single button.

However other games even Shattered Dimensions already allows you to customize your moves because you have them unlock and you just have to decide what moves to use which is custom to you.

If this is what you mean then obviously yes! Batman AA is the only game that did the single button dynamic combat very well. However the downside for that combat is that it can become repetitive, if only the character isn't equipped with enough animation movesets.

blackxino

Well, I mean ike take the first Spider-Man Movie game. You gained moves as you went along. customizing would be choosing which you can use.

wwedbzjon

oh is that what you meant?

well they are still the same thing, however unlocking moves along the way is better.

Because it doesn't make the game get boring, if Spiderman has weapons he could use in game like Ninja Gaiden. We could at least say all movelist are unlocked at start. Since Spiderman only fights with hands+webs, allowing him to unlock mmovelist along the way is more appropriately and better game designing.

This is due to repetition nature of the game, if you had all movelist unlocked at start, the use of combinations would get tiresome and instantly repetitive! Therefore it is wise to allow the user to unlock new moves along the way to refresh the use of combinations.

Every action games uses this formula and I really cannot think of an Action game that allows you to use all movelist from the start of the game. I can only think of Berserk Guts Rage.

blackxino

I reckon it would be a bit of a hassle.

I prefer to be able to just keep gaining points, and unlocking them as I go, and having them all ready on the fly.

Pick and mixing them just seems unnecessary.

However, something like making a temporary weapon out of webbing would be alright.

I was kinda think that to shake things up a bit, Spider-man should have a recharging webbing gauge.

I know most versions use organic webbing now, but you could say that it takes time for his spinnerettes to refill with the necessary enzymes to make webbing.

Having rechargeable webbing would add a little edge to the game.

Wanna tie that guy up?

Oh, tough luck, you just used the last of your webbing constructing that giant hammer.

Damn I went off topic...

Cartridge

That would be so amazing! A web fluid gauge. I never thought about it but now that is the thing in EoT that I really want to see.

alakai117

NO NO NO PLEASE NO...I hate not being able to use webbing at any time

I think spidey should be able to pummel evildoers into the ground at breakneck speeds (BAA freeflow X spider-speed and agility + Webbing)

christiankid7
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
custom.activision.cookie_disclaimer