cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important suggestion about next spidey games & humble request to Marvel,Beenox,Activision & Treyarch!

SOLVED

Spider-Man

Hehe, nobody likes the no unlimited crimes part

Crimsomrider

i agree that fighting style was as amazing as amazing spidey!!!!!!!!!! :-) but i dont agree with u liking the swinging walking,running and standing postures, i gave good suggestions for camera angles and the swinging style of the new animated series of spider-man is the best according to me, i also suggested to make not one game but three games according to 3 animated series of spidey, 1,the amazing spidey series(1994), 2- Unlimited spidey(1999) and 3-the new animated series of spidey. all games should have all the costumes of the all series with  theirrespective powers and alll costumes from other comics and games of ps1 too with their respective powers. if this gets into consideration, this will b the best game of the century,.

although the graphics of amazing spider-man were really great but they should also consider showing graphics like infamous 1 and infamous 2 and some cinematic graphics like cinematics of (secret world) and (agni's philosophy),with some smooth and shiny touch,this will really make it a game of the century! trust me!! :-)

bivv

This would make it the game of the century. Not going to happen though.

TimFL274

why not? 2-3 years r enough! why can this not happen with the support of donations by fans around the world? this must happen for the new consoles and pc if not on current 360 and ps3. anyway, u were so sure while saying that this cannot happen, it looks like u r among the developers of spidey games

bivv

It wont happen because such stuff was requested since Spider-Man 2 saw the light of day. People requested and suggested a lot of things (play as Peter Parker etc) and it never happened. Dont get your hopes up high, you can be happy with a sequel to TASM that atleast gives you some of your requested features.

TimFL274

but this time,Treyarch Activision Marvel Beenox(TAMB) if combine for this purpose and recieve donations from their fans, this is easily possible in maximum time of 3 years. and i know what i m saying and this musy b realised by (TAMB)!

bivv

Dont get your hopes up high or you will surely be disappointed with the next installment...

TimFL274

Hi Bivv,

Thanks for your suggestions!

I can tell you that gamer feedback does make it back to the devs, although we can't make promises about what will or won't be in future games.

That said, I can give you some context regarding which of your suggestions is more feasible from a game development standpoint (see below), and recommend a few games which might give you what you're looking for.

NOTE: It's important to reiterate that the following responses are NOT confirming or denying any upcoming titles or features.

-Multiple games based strictly on past Spidey TV shows-

Generally studios choose to handle only one licensed title at a time, and in the cases you're citing, these are all shows which are largely based on existing comic book storylines. If you haven't tried them yet, may I suggest Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions and Spider-Man: Edge of Time? While neither of these games are based directly on the shows you mention, there is quite a bit of overlap in terms of source material, villains, and general "style." Additionally, many of the TV voice actors also appear in these games, such as Josh Keaton and Tricia Helfer.

-All the costumes from every game and all cartoons, each costume with special abilities -

While alternate costumes are a huge part of our games, it's unlikely that ALL of them will be included in a future single title (number of reasons for this, we can go into more detail another time if you like), and giving each costume unique abilities would be a macrogame balancing nightmare.

However, if you're looking for a vast selection of costumes, I have to once again recommend Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time -- in fact, if you have a Shattered Dimensions savegame and start up Edge of Time on the same console, you'll automatically unlock a BUNCH of the Shattered costumes for use in Edge. Also, you really should check out the X-Men Legends Series, as well as Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 1. Both these games also have RPG-style equipment systems, which will let you customize how you play (personally, I kept the low-level radiation gloves on for the entire game just because I liked slowing down enemies and turning 'em green). I'll also recommend Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2, which has an extensive system of Team Boosts (basically equipment for the whole team), on-the-fly character customization, and of course, Flaming Tornados.

-Not satisfied with animations and some gameplay elements in Amazing Spider-Man

Gotcha. ASM is based on the movie, so Spidey's a bit more "grounded" and realistic in his movements (that is, as realistic as a Spider-powered human can be). While many fans have told us they love the new style, it may not be for everyone. If you're looking for a more comic-classic, fluidly moving Spidey, check out the games I mentioned above. In regards to executing precision stunts and pulling off cool moves, have you fully explored the Web Rush feature? There's quite a lot you can do there once you master fast taps and animation interrupts. If you're used to holding down the button, I would experiment with chaining together non-targeted "taps" in different contexts: this will let you put the AI navigation and procedural animation system to full use. You might also check out Web of Shadows, which has a very deep combat system. It sounds like you've already played the classic Spider-Man 2, or perhaps Ultimate Spider-Man, but if you haven't yet I'd definitely give 'em a look.

All other Marvel Characters and locations in a Free Roam Game:

Marvel's got over 5,000 characters and they're always making more, so making this game would literally be a never-ending quest. Additionally, there are licensing issues to consider: not all charaters are available at all times, and the time required to put in Character X means less time spent polishing Feature Y. That said, if you're looking for a ton of fan-service, again I'll be pointing you towards the XML and MUA series. MUA2 in particular has TONS of character-specific conversations, and even the standard conversations will change depending on who you talk to the NPCs with (protip: play as Hulk  for maximum hilarity - he really has not idea what's going on). Also, listen to the audio diaries for lots of minor character callouts: there's even a Spot reference very late in the game.

Soliciting Donations to fund a Massive Game for Next-Gen Consoles

This is a really interesting idea, and there's lots of cool stuff going on in terms of alternate funding models.

Crowd-sourced funding is very new and exciting, and perhaps in the future we will see major publishers utilizing similar techniques, but for the moment that kind of thing is better suited to indie games with small budgets and tighter timelines. Also, when dealing with licensed titles there may be other issues that I'm not aware of which would preclude that sort of funding model, at least for now.

Regardless, even if you had an unlimited supply of money, that still wouldn't make up for the time required: games of the scope you're discussing would require far more than 2-3 years of work, as well as an absolutely gigantic staff. No matter what kind of resources you have at your disposal, there's always a minimum "creation" period for video games. It's sort of like baking a cake: if the recipe says 200 degrees for 2 hours, you won't get the same result by cooking at 400 degrees for 1 hour.

Contact information for Stan Lee

His Twitter account is probably the fastest way to reach 'em, and Stan is also on Facebook.

Again, thanks for your feedback, and let me know if you have additional questions!

Moderator Moderator

wow, i hoped for a person who will answer me with passion,and i found u,

many many prayers for your health,waelth and success, u did a good job,

have no words for thanking u

bivv

No problem, glad to help!

Moderator Moderator
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS