cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Spider-Man: The Core Gameplay

Spider-Man

Highlighted

Really they could do good staf with the "Peter" thing....you can make an Assassin's CreedSmiley Frustratedpider-Man.....parkour on rofftops, very fast, for not being seen porposes!

quick change into Spiderman and what TheNewSuperHero said about OsCorp!....

But they dont have to make it like Desmond in AC....small useless missions with him and core gameplay with th assassins....they must use good the Peter aspect,make it enjoyable...

God,im so hyped for them to do that!!

PunyParker

Implying they will ever listen to the community and wont just repack the current game with a new story and nothing changed.

TimFL274

They will NEVER listen to the community. The PC version of TASM is completely broken on AMD cards, and they have taken NO notice to the amount of complaints. Ignorant bunch of idiots to be honest. Bought it for £30 on steam and I cant even play it. Waste of money.

bryndor

I can't speak on the matter of the PC version but believe it or not the developers actually do read these forums. However they can't address EVERY single issue or request fans brings up in these boards, that's just not practical. Honestly I don't expect most of the stuff we've discussed in this thread to even appear in the next game but what I'm hoping is that when they do read this stuff it gives them a sense of what it is that the people who buy these games year after year want most in the next entry, which at the moment appears to be the unlimited crime thing. If Beenox takes the time to even make that much of a change in the next title when there is nothing requiring them to do so, then this board would of succeeded in making even the smallest bit of difference. You have to recognize that making these games in this day and age is a time-consuming and bloody expensive thing to do, all of the stuff were requesting from them won't be addressed. The fact that NewsLad even bothers to leave a post every now and then shows that the message boards aren't a total waste. I'm sorry if the PC version of TASM is broken and that hopefully the issue will be fixed at some point in time but the developers are hard-working people just like everyone else and calling them ignorant idiots in all honesty would discourage them or any developer for that matter from addressing any complaints from the community.

TheNewSuperHero

They should also add realistic physics and webs attaching to buildings/structures. Whenever I watch the movie I feel like playing the game but I am instantly put down due to the repetitive web swinging (~7 animations?). I would love to have one web attached to a building and then move along by running along the wall (like the police chase sequence before Spider-Man gets shot down by the chopper). I know you can already kind of swing along a wall but it doesnt look as awesome as it does in the movie.

Not to mention the epic crane swinging (to Oscorp tower).

TimFL274

Well if the next spidey game is next-gen (which I'm sure it will be) then there's probably going to be an improved physics engine so that swinging is more dynamic than ever before. I'd like to see the web-swinging try to aim for a vast array of crazy contorted and intricate manuevers/poses like on the comic pages.

When you say more a more realistic web-swinging do you mean simply showing the webs attach to buildings (aesthetic difference) or having the webs attach to anything in the environment and players have to make the choice if that anchor point is swing-able (gameplay difference)?

I've seen a lot of posts complaining about webs not attaching to anything but the people who make those posts seem to only care about the aesthetic difference that makes rather than how a concept like that could revolutionize the very core of web-swinging in a way that would far exceed spiderman 2 or any spiderman game.

TheNewSuperHero

I want realistic physics and webs attaching to buildings/objects/everything it can attach to. I dont want comic book like swinging because I want it to be as realistic as it is in the movie.

TimFL274

this too.....

PunyParker

Ok so you're talking about a gameplay difference. Making the web-swinging as realistic as it is in the movie would be extremely difficult for the devs to try to pull off, the only way something like that could work is if they used "mocap" and trying to have the web lines attach to every single-point in the game wouldn't be an easy affair either. You'd have to consider what the web attached to, where on that object it attached to, how far spiderman is from that anchor point, what direction he is facing the anchor point, how high/low the anchor point is off the ground, etc. Having the web swinging be as realistic as it is in the movie is just not possible anytime soon, though I do hope that one day someone will give a shot (since we're all bouncing around ideas in these forums maybe one of us may try to make a spiderman game one day).

TheNewSuperHero

IMHO they should get rid of the R2/RB for swinging too then. There should be some kind of first person mode or an aim cross that lets you select the point you want to attach your web to. Or atleast give us the option to indirectly steer the web with the right stick or left stick when we are about to press R2/RB.

And I do think that this could be achieved with the next-gen consoles, lets wait and hope for the best.

TimFL274
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS