cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Spider-Man: The Core Gameplay

Spider-Man

...AND WOS turned out to be pretty cool!  so we have hope for something great!

PunyParker

Web of Shadows was great, would of liked to see what they could of done for a sequel. With Venom's death I'd imagine that Carnage would step in to finish the job, the game could of been promoted as a Maximum Carnage remake for the current-gen of consoles. The combat system and decision making options in WOS hold so much potential for something even better.

TheNewSuperHero

Everyone wondered how can you have a Symbiote Invasion game without Carnage lol

I wish if they made a sequel to that. We should get more allies because it was really fun kickin the crap outta symbiotes with Wolverine by my side

THE-ENTITY-OF-W

Im still hoping!!

PunyParker

There's no guarantee that all the spiderman games over the next few years are going to be movie based games. Think of the developers High Moon and the Transformer games, their "G1" inspired War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron titles are much more successful than the movie tie-in they've had to make. Gamers in general seem to have a certain distaste for movie tie-in games and will always want an original IP like War for Cybertron or Arkham Asylum much more than a game forced to the constraints of being in line with film.

TheNewSuperHero

@Voidy that sound similar to the idea I had and your idea sounds pretty unique and interesting.

@NewSuperHero Barnes is my all time favorite Spidey voice over because it felt like he really captivated the essence of Spider-Man back on the 90s Animated Series.mI wanna see what its like to dive for five minutes and still dont hit the ground and catch a flying car theif  and truly explore the world of 2099.

Just a side note but I wanna see some new stories with Peter being an adult and not just a teen in tv and games, because they keep redoing Spidey everywhere and restarting the whole thing. we are at the point where everyone in the world knows Spideys early years why cant we just fast forward up a bit? and take that Ultimate Spider-Man crap with Drake Bell as Wade Wilson........I mean Peter Parker off. (Did u catch that inside joke? ehh???) And I hate the excuse that "Well its for kids" bullcrap because everyone else got good Spidey content when they were kids on tv for over 40 YEARS!!! Lets get some stories while hes a chemist and a physicist and what not Spidey has some great stories while hes an adult that could be in games and tv.

THE-ENTITY-OF-W

What I want for an Amazing Spider-Man sequel game:

Freeroaming:

-When playing asm I felt like Spidey was swinging around a large town instead of an actual city. The new game should have a much larger map.

-The game should have a day/night cycle. However the cycle should not effect the time of day of specific levels. Also, you should be able to choose a point on the cycle after you've beaten the game.

-I think that weather would be awesome in a spidey game. It should occur randomly during the day/night cycle but you should still be able to activate it after beating the game.

-I would like to see more landmarks from the movie. The game should include peter's school and if he actually lives in the city in the next movie it should include his apartment. Oscorp tower should also look more like it did in the movie. etc

-The sound is also very important. As spidey's swinging he should hear car horns and people yelling in the streets below.

Story:

-The story should once again take place after the movie.

-Before the story is written the developers should think about cool level ideas and then build a good story to connect those ideas. I've already seen the outcome of the developers working the other way around. It ended up with almost every level takin place in oscorp or the sewers.

-cutscenes should always be in third person, even when your playing as peter parker. Also, characters should look like the actors they are played by. Gwen stacy looked nothing like emma stone and connors didn't resemble rhys ifans in a number of ways.

-If the developers can't get the movie actors to do the voices then they should at least get voice actors that have previously done spider-man.

-the game needs to better immerse the player in the game world. In the past few spiderman games I felt like I was playing as purely spiderman. Peter parker should have his own missions where maybe he goes to eavesdrop on someone where he can blend in as a normal person. There could be a mission where your playing as parker and a fight breaks lose and you need to control him to find a place to change into your costume etc. When I'm playing the game I want to feel like I'm in a city filled with real people. I want to feel like I'm playing as an actual person and not just a video game character.

Gameplay:

-The only thing the combat really needs is more combo/finishing moves and more variety among enemys.

-Stealth gameplay needs more ways to take enemys out both quietly and loudly. It also needs better enviroments for stealth sections so you can find a place to take someone out without the whole room seeing it.

-Web rush was neat but there need to be a lot more animations so it looks more natural.

-There should be unlimited random crimes that happen in real time. There should also be plenty of variety among the crimes.

- Cooler levels. Levels that take place in indoor sections as well as outside in the city. Levels like the hunter fights and the black cat mission.

Conclusion:

-The game needs to be fun to play. The story has to be interesting and character driven. The map has to be large and interactive. That is all I really need in a spiderman game. I hope whoever develops the next spidey game can do this and much more.

Voidy
Highlighted

Really,get things straight.....you know a comicbook based Spiderman game that isnt good?....

PS1 games=Great

Ultimate SM=Awesome

WOS=Great

Shatt.Dim.=Great

Edge of time=ok...

They are all good games.....but movie based games.....are kinda forced....only SM2 is very good.....and no,TASM isnt a great game....its a good one,but far from great...concidering the expectations,we even can say that it is dissapointing.....

SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, ACTIVISION??

PunyParker

Not to be a jerk or anything, but you're starting to sound redundant. We get that you want a comic book based videogame, you've made that more than clear. However, repeating it in the forums over and over is not going to guarantee whether or not it gets done. We've all made some interesting suggestions/ideas in this discussion thread but it seems like there's nothing new that needs to be brought up. At this point all that can be done right now is to wait for whatever announcement that Beenox or whoever makes regarding the next spiderman game (maybe at the VGA's this Friday) and hope that at the very least it has the unlimited crimes request and more facetime of Peter Parker. Other than that this thread has pretty much served its purpose.

TheNewSuperHero

TheNewSuperHero has a point

I understand u want certain things in the game but repeating it and telling the developers in a hostile manner to get what you want will not make it guaranteed that they will put it in.

These are just ideas and suggestions and Im actually grateful the Spider-Man games have been atleast good and not terrible. In my opinion Spidey has the best movie titled games that Ive played and thats saying something. So I appreciate them

THE-ENTITY-OF-W
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS