cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Spider-Man: The Core Gameplay

Spider-Man

I agree, but I think that's the point. I think just asking questions and making suggestions would open the dev's eyes to making a great Spider-Man game.

What made Spider-Man 3: The Game something of a flop? Why didn't people enjoy Friend or Foe or Edge of Time as much as say Spider-Man 2 or even the original 3D Spider-Man for PSX, N64 and Dreamcast?

We need to say what we want in vivid detail and leave it, as PunyParker said, to the developers. Questions have answers. We need to ask those questions and show them what we think would be a great game.

1.)Why do the companies think Spider-Man is all jokes and "been there done that" gameplay? If you based the Spider-Man gameplay and how studios have treated the games, you'd think they were basing these on the 90's animated show. Why is that? Have they not read Kraven's Last Hunt?

2.) If we got a serious game that was more serious, detailed and comic-based, like Arkham Asylum, would that be bad? Web of Shadows could have been one of the best games for Spidey in recent years, but once you beat the game, the game pretty much ended....Why can't they grasp the concept of free roam/sandbox replay value.

3.) Can we get a game that has lots of details and how long would it take? Maybe the people in charge need to look at Rocksteady and the Arkham series. Consider if it's more profitable to take the money of fans who will buy it no matter what, while pushing away non-fan gamers with mediocre games....OR make a revolutionary game that defines what it is to be a super hero game.

Rei_Entri

They looked at Rocksteady....and failed....close cam,this type of combat....intensions good....excecution failed...

PunyParker

They didn't fail, you'd have to look at the sales numbers to determine that. As far as reviews go they ranged from good to impressive (but as always sales are gonna matter far more than some critic's opinion just look at Dynasty Warriors). So for that matter The Amazing Spiderman wasn't in any regard a flop.

TheNewSuperHero

No,flop,no.....but they didnt copy it well.....as its clearly an attempt to copy Batman:AC.......but i liked the game....just expecting more....it was going for the best Spidey game to date,but.....no.

PunyParker

Im gonna say

as a forum we can request on whatever we want but it will not be a demand.Some things that we thought lacked in a previous game we can suggest to change and if the majority of the community thinks so it will become a popular demand Developers most likely will change.But some of us just want to share a "cool idea" we had and hope for the developers take in consideration. We all come to share our ideas on what would be good in a game and we look at other peoples ideas. I think the misc. things in a Spidey game would work better than in any other game because the misc. things is what made Spider-Man the most beloved comicbook character in the Marvel Universe because we can relate to him so well. I dont see anything wrong with someone wanting that as a core idea. But it doesnt mean we all will agree with that person, and might just want that as a side thing and not the main point. But its a nice thought and developers at the end of the day will decide if these are good ideas to use or not. Because we arent the ones making the gameat the end of the day. This also doesnt mean you cant debate with someones idea if it would work or not.Like stating that a certain feature a fellow member came up with cannot co exist in this game due to another feature thats already there that cancels that members idea out.

@PunyParker

"I really believe our suggestions are just words.........they are still making their game....."

Just  letting you know firsthand. This is a temporary account Im currently using and my original account CLASSICWERT is down and is attempting to be fixed and Ive been on HeroHQ since the first month they put it up back in January 2009. Im puttin that out so it doesnt look like I dont know what Im talking about lol

Back around in February 09 when the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 section just opened up the "MUA2 Invasion" happened where a floodload of new members joined because of that game and from February to June HeroHQ never had been so live. And before the game came out,just like this thread,there were TONS of threads that gave suggestions to the Developers. some great ideas. Then there was a thread made by someone we know now who posted in here who worked with the people who made the game, and I think the topic was called Ask the Developers or Raven or sumthin. and the guy who would answer our questions and suggestions name was.....NewsLad! lol. Sooooo many people rather on that thread or other areas would do like we're doinnow and we ended up seeing some of it in the game. The main reason why Deadpool had like a big scene on that one mission was because there were alot of Deapool requests here. There was others too and OMFG! I think they put Jean Grey in the game because on here there was Jean Grey users by the thousands,and the infamous Jean Grey thread was the 1st thread to reach 1000 pages.

Then in Spider-Man SD, there was a popular thread on Alternate Costumes, and that ended up in the game.

And Josh Keaton! yes the huy who voiced Spidey in the game, came here and made an account, and the Admin announced he would be here and theyd make an Ask Josh Keaton thread for him, so we got to talk to the "Spectacular Spider-Man" hisself!

So dont think our voices dont count here. Yes the developers may dissagree with our suggestions sometimes but they still can hear us

THE-ENTITY-OF-W

Not everything the fans and even the developers would want can be placed into a videogame due to time constraints, resources, etc. So the most important features would have to be considered over others directly meaning that some features will not be able to co-exist with one another. I understand the misc. activities being there to add to the allure of "becoming" spiderman (or rather Peter Parker). However I would hope that everything that makes "spiderman" interesting (web-swinging, parkour, combat, stealth, etc.) are very well developed before any normal/everyday life activities are added in. You can't exactly advertise the next spiderman game with a trailer that says" You'll now be able to become spiderman like never before by doing cool new stuff like taking your girlfriend to the movies! riding in a taxi! watching tv with your best friend! delivering groceries to your aunt! and walking around the city as a normal person!". Most people would look at that and wonder "Do I wanna play a game about all the regular stuff I do in my everyday life or play that other game about a guy dressed up as a bat kicking the crap outta bad guys with his trusty sidekick, riding around in a hybrid tank/supercar, and jumping off rooftops through the night?"

TheNewSuperHero

like I said it will most likely not be the main focus and it doesnt have to be.To be honest I would wanna play a Spidey game where after I beat a villian and Spideys day is over, he goes home and Aunt May asks wheres the eggs and you forget them and you lose points on your responsibility bar or something.Now will everyone agree with us? absolutely not. But that doesnt mean the people who do like this idea shouldnt be able to talk about it with each other.They can still make these suggestions.Its a forum where we express all of our ideas we have, and if the developers see some of those. then they could say, this looks like a good idea,but it wouldnt be the main focus for our game, but it can be an element like something on the side.They dont even have to add all of the things the user said, but adding a little would still make the person happy and grateful part of his idea made it

just like in previous games on here were some of our suggestions made it in the game even if it wasnt the main idea.Some guys had these well written ideas on a main focus they wanted but it seemed like it was a side element for a game rather then main focus. But we all would like that persons concept and would talk on how a few things could work in the game.So I dont think a user has to think he/she shouldnt express what he/she feels should be in a game even if they think to mostit just might not seem like it would fit. Because in the end you'll never know who would see your idea as a great idea, or even use it.

THE-ENTITY-OF-W

Not saying they can't express their ideas on these forums, they can type whatever they want. Just giving them a bit of context to what it is their actually asking for in a "videogame" and how that thing might be recieved by the public at large. Which once again "Do I wanna play a game about all the regular stuff I do in my everyday life or play that other game about a guy dressed up as a bat kicking the crap outta bad guys with his trusty sidekick, riding around in a hybrid tank/supercar, and jumping off rooftops through the night?" But if one feels so strongly about their particular idea (which all of us clearly do judging by these forums) then it wouldn't be a crazy idea to consider working on a spiderman game yourself in the near future. The proposal by Rei Entri is a good example.

TheNewSuperHero

well ok then

I was making sure your post about the situation wasnt making members who might be reading this thread think twice before sharing their ideas here.

but I now know that is not the case. Although your critic views may intimidate some people who might decide to post here, most likely younger members.Not all though, Some people like me or Rei Entri would respect your critic insight and take note of your points you make on it and might choose to elaborate on some things. But say like some 12 year old kid comes here and post his idea. Its pretty decent, not a spectacular one,and by his post you can tell he is young, and its not a horrible idea, and then you post a paragraph on how you feel that his idea would be irrelevant to the game. This may start an unwanted arguement, or a chance to make the user feel like their idea was terrible, or think youre a jerk, etc. No you're not a jerk. From the past couple of pages you seem like a respectable educated person. But Im saying seeing that every persons idea on here, you seem to have a say in it. Its fine by me but Im saying be careful on who you choose to criticize because some people are sensitive or very easy to provoke.

Now I am just making sure people dont have to hold back their ideas.

THE-ENTITY-OF-W

Rocksteady and the Arkham series is great and all but Beenox doesn't need to be looking at Batman to figure out how to make a spiderman game. What they need to look at is all of the past spiderman games in the last decade (starting with Spiderman 2) and pointing out which feature those games pulled off better than other entries in the series.

-Spiderman 2 had the largest city

-Ultimate Spiderman had the best art style/graphics

-Spiderman 3 had the best mission structure (you could take on whichever villain you wanted in the order of your choice)

-Spiderman Web of Shadows had the most unique combat system, best web swinging, and the decision-making segments

-Spiderman Friend or Foe had......well actually that game didn't have anything. Except for the ability to change the type of web you used (sticky,line,bullet). In fact out of all the spiderman games this was the only one that was actually bad.

-Spiderman Shattered Dimensions had the largest villain roster and best voice acting

-Spiderman Edge of Time had the best story (even though the actual gameplay wasn't up to par) and the most unlockables

-The Amazing Spiderman has the innovative "web rush" mechanic, most variety in the missions (indoor, outdoor, stealth, car chase, etc.), and the up-close camera angle (which I love)

With that sort of list in mind what needs to happen is what I've been expecting to happen for years which is to combine those best elements into the next spiderman game so that it feels like a complete package and not another separate entry that ignores its predecessors. If they have been paying attention to the Arkham series then they should know what Rocksteady intends to do with that franchise, their going open-world with batman and they want it to be damn good. The first free roam open-world Batman is going to be truly something and when that comes out any other open world super hero game is going to feel second class in comparison if it doesn't match up. Batman doesn't have several good open world games and needs to figure out how to revolutionize its franchise where as Spiderman does. That's the only thing the developers need to see when looking at Rocksteady and not trying to imitate the Batman games. Beenox wouldn't of been handed the Spidey franchise for the next several years if Activision didn't feel they understood the character ( if you don't think so look at Neversoft, Treyarch and Shaba games). Shattered Dimensions was great, Edge of Time was ok and TASM is the best in the franchise so far. As long as their not making a "Friend or Foe 2" then theres nothing to really worry about.

TheNewSuperHero
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS