cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Spider-Man: The Core Gameplay

Spider-Man

Wow, I never thought of that before. Now that would certainly be interesting (and risky), by making the web swinging mostly in the first-person perspective. It would be bold for Beenox or any developer for that matter to blend first-person free-running/web-manuevering (think Mirror's Edge with web swinging) with the third-person hand to hand free flow combat. A game like that would not only revolutionize the franchise of spiderman games but the genre of superhero games in general, since no one has ever truly attempted to make a first-person superhero game.

Message was edited by: TheNewSuperHero

TheNewSuperHero

Thanks, TheNewSuperHero. You're right that the devs read the boards, and I can state confidently that feedback on past games has influenced current games -- while I can't go into the nitty-gritty details, the biggest and best example of a fan-requested feature is ASM's free-roaming. That was the #1 piece of feedback from Shattered Dimensions (as well as something that kept coming up on its own), and it was finally able to come back in The Amazing Spider-Man film game. 

You're also right that not every piece of feedback can make it into every game, and given the long dev cycles, sometimes feedback takes a while to get implemented (not all the time, though -- there were a few MUA2 pre-launch tweaks that were a direct result of forum requests and focus testing). So it's worth making your voices heard on the boards, though it is true that no game will have 100% of the public's favorite features 100% of the time, simply because people like different things.

@bryndor - I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with the PC version. Have you tried asking Activision's official help page on Facebook for advice? Here's a link.

@TimFL274- Speaking honestly, I don't think that's a fair criticism. Whether or not you enjoyed Amazing Spider-Man, it was very, very different from other recent Spidey games, both in terms of tech and gameplay. That's because of the feedback that users gave, both online and through other venues. So please keep sending in those suggestions!

Moderator Moderator

Honestly,you think some of our requests can make it to the next game?....like the Peter Parker one?....

PunyParker

Yes and no. We can't confirm whether that specific suggestion will be included in any upcoming games. Could it be included? Sure, though that's probably unlikely for Deadpool. Smiley Wink  If another Spider-Man game is announced, Peter Parker is a possibility, although we obviously can't say with certainty at this time.  In short, popular suggestions have been and will continue to be included in games, so keep 'em coming! Smiley Happy

Moderator Moderator

Fine ,and hopefull, for me...

And we know if Beenox is the creator of the next Spiderman game or you dontknow anything...?

PunyParker

Currently there are no announcements on if/when a new Spidey game will be coming out, so no idea who the dev would be.

Moderator Moderator

You kidding me??......you still want beenox to do it???....the PS2 games were a HELL lot better that ASM & EOT brought together......NEXT PLEASE!!

PunyParker

What I always dreamed of was a Spidey game that felt like it could last forever

the closest one to me that felt like that was Spider-Man 2 how after you beat the game you had to be that Street Level Spidey type hero by stopping crimes, and doing challenges.I actually liked the 1 attack 1 web button then a dodge button. even though most people complain about button mashing or spamming. I never saw that because I didnt button smash or had the feeling of doin so in the game. ironically Spidey games always get that "spam" thing pointed on em (even if I felt that Spiderman 3 was the only one that felt like spamming) even with the 1 attack button when Batman gets praised in the Arkham games during combat when all most people do is spam the attack button and hit the counter button when their heads light up. Dont get me wrong its still amazing but the difference is not the button configuration but the fluidness of the gameplay on screen. Im not saying be a Batman rip off because Batman is a skilled martial artist of many types. Spidey has his own way of fighting using his superhuman abilities called The Way of the Spider and I think in boss battles it should be a bit different than street thugs because he wouldnt hold back as much. and his counter/evade system to me should be more acrobatic when dodging. Like if Dock Ock is trying to hit u with his tentacles Spidey would dodge with his acrobatic flips and u can guide them to which direction to jump,left,right,up, to a wall, or an object u wanna direct his tentacles to then quickly jump away so when he hits hit he'll take damage because he just hit like a electrical current machine or sumthing like that

Now I think it would be a good idea to put in "clock work" in a Spidey game. I thought of this a loong time ago like in 2006 and I saw that Batman AC used that idea when Calender Man could have specific speeches on actual dates throughout the year. How would this work in a Spidey game? Well after the main story is completed and while youre doing those side missions Supervillians could break free from prisons like they actually do in the Marvel Universe.Like say youre playing the game beat The Shocker, then beat the game, then 2 months later you find out he broke outta jail and his location appears on the map prompting another side story.Each villian would have multiple different types of missions and stories to prevent it from going stale. And Spidey needing different approaches to take em down because he uses more of his brains than his fists which should be used in more boss battles with more of taunting them while doin it like he always been. Like overriding Shockers repulsers using something from the environment, web em up for the authorities to get to him but the next time he gets free he'll adapt so u cant use that same trick twice. And keep updating it with DLCs if you ran out of story.Have some bosses where u dont need to use your fists to take them out like the Chameleon. that would set up a great side story like reading the Daily Bugle from the Newsstand one day and read the top story that says Spider-Man steals from the jewelry store, and you know it was an imposter leaving you to investigate on the situation, prove its the Chameleon and prove the NYC and the Police its not you. You know things like this or even use some materials from the comics

THE-ENTITY-OF-W

Spiderman 2 was great and all but honestly those random crimes got to be extremely repetitive after about the first month considering there were only about 5 or 6 of them. What it seems like you're suggesting is that the next spidey game should basically add story driven dlc or just the unlimited crimes with bosses. Not sure the whole "clock work" thing would work considering it didn't work out in ASM since the unlockable costumes weren't supposed to be available until certain dates of this year but the community figured out a simple way to bypass that within the first week of release. I'm not sure if you can do the same sort of bypass with Batman:AC but if you can then it would seem that some sort of dlc or an update would be the safest route for the developers to take. Beenox could of expanded ASM with some sort of non pre-order dlc by using more of spiderman's lesser know B-list enemies (beetle, the spot, etc.) to avoid an issue with them appering differently in the films, but they didn't. Maybe they can try for the next game.

TheNewSuperHero

I think it could be patched and have more variety with side missions because every successful sandbox game did so

if they dont want to use my whole clock work idea then Im fine its nothing critical just an idea I had for a while

and if they did I think it would work IMO as long as if its not like in SM2 where it was limited. And Im also not saying this clock work thing should be in the main game just once its complete and u run out of things to do

THE-ENTITY-OF-W
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS