cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Spider-Man: The Core Gameplay

Spider-Man

I get what your saying and it sounds exactly like "downloadable content". The developers making content that adds replayability to the game after it's been released for a while is pretty much dlc. So like I said hopefully for the next game we can see more dlc being made after the games been released. They could keep the idea of players stepping into the roles of other characters in the spiderman universe (like they did with ASM where you could play as rhino or lizard). The only thing is that whatever alternate character add-ons the developers make needs be more than a simple mini-game like the ones in ASM. I'm not saying that the alternate characters need to have their own story campaign, side missions, etc. considering that would be far too much for the developers to add in. Being able to play as rhino or lizard in the dlc for ASM gave me the impression that Beenox was going for a Grand Theft Auto style of gameplay, where you simply play as a bad guy and wreak havoc to your heart's content. I'd like to see them truly realize that kind of play mode in the next game assuming they have the time and resources to pull it off.

TheNewSuperHero

yeah well still u may have a point

but I still want Spideys combat system changed or tweaked

THE-ENTITY-OF-W

I hear ya, the combat system should utilize more of the environment in with spidey's crazy acrobatics, similar to the combat system from web of shadows where you could seamlessly transition from fighting on the ground, to the wall and in the air. The free-flow combat from ASM would work perfectly with the Web of Shadows fighting style, the develpers could call it "Way of the Spider" like you mentioned.

TheNewSuperHero

well I didnt name it its from the comics

and I felt that they tried way too hard to be like Batman AC where Batman would fight 1 guy at a time and would counter everything around him. Spidey could use this but it should be more like switching from bad guy to bad guy in combos rather than u can only switch if u counter or knock the guy youre hitting down if you want to finish it. And personally I dont like the "knock down the badguy and stun him for a bit" thing for Spidey its not his thing I rather have it like the old times where u just beat em untill theyre out. U can still web them when they hit the floor without the stun. if you want a real "stun" Spidey style then bring back the web in your face move where u just quickly press the web button once blinding the opponent so u can get the upperhand. And we should be able to web yank away weapons again. And Spidey should be able to take out more than one guy at a time use his Superhuman agility,speed,and strentgh to his advantage they gotta remember Batman may have set some groundrules but Its Spider-Man not Batman. Dont be afraid to use some things u wouldnt see in a fighting rpg where the character is only human because Spidey isnt. I personally wanna see the return of Spideys classic "Web Dome" he used back on the PS1 (my favorite Spidey game ever) and Spiderman1 for the PS2 where he blocks all incoming attacks by putting himself in a web like dome then explodes it knockin all enemies back. and keep the Impact webbing bullets that was useful.

Now Swinging

it was awesome but theres just a few things I wanted changed which was u can charge your jumps in your swings before jumpin off u should keep that. And the camera view. Beenox used the behind Spideys head view since SD it worked for them because it was a level game focusing u on the core of the game. But now since you have a whole city the camera should be a bit further away. If some people like this way then why cant we just have an option on the menu for the camera position.Wall climbing needs to be less robotic like, and movement, like his sprint should be faster. And that little thing he does when after u jump off from swinging and it looks like he is a sky diver spreading his hands and legs. I prefer his spider like positioning in the air to make it look like hes ready to thwip out another web line

Another thing the levels all dont need to be inside buildings

if they were could the place be bigger inside it felt constricted

some stories could take place mainly outside and still be fun

THE-ENTITY-OF-W

You're right that the combat shouldn't attempt to mirror everything from the Batman Arkham games, however the camera angle NEEDS to be over the shoulder like it was in ASM. Honestly I can barely even play any of the previous spiderman games simply because the camera was way too far back. If players can change the camera to either up close like in ASM or further back like in any of the past spidey games in the options menu then that should make everyone happy like you said. Aside from that what you mentioned about web-swinging seems like what earlier posters said about adding in a "parkour" element to make spidey seem more natural and realistic.

TheNewSuperHero

he was just too stiff

and the screem turned red too fast when in combat and I didnt like the forced camera angle once u start to lay a punch but thats just me I guess. I think he should be able to take more hits without having to retreat alot. I think they should re add special moves to him making it more dynamic rarher just basic sequences of basic punches and webbing. I would like to web up an enemy with both web bullets and web lines instead of just web bullets. and why is it that nowadays Spideys web line always seem to be touching the air when he web swings? that should be fixed

THE-ENTITY-OF-W

The whole "webs touching the air" complaint is something I've never cared for in the Spiderman games seeing as how you're more focused on where it is you're swinging to rather than what it is your web line is attached to. Spiderman 2, 3 and Ultimate Spiderman all had the webs attaching to buildings (or rather disappearing into them) but the web-swinging in those games was far less animated than in games like ASM or Web of Shadows where the webs attached to nothing. So unless the webs attaching to anything is going to have a solid effect on the gameplay side of things and not the aesthetic/visual then it's not going to matter that much.

They could just combine the web bullets with the web lines and simply call it the "web laser" like how spiderman webbed up the car thief from the movie.

Dodging bullets is something I'd like to see make a return in the next game, that could cut down on how often you have to retreat whenever an enemy has a gun (besides spidey did it flawlessly in the movie where the cop shot at him).

TheNewSuperHero

I didnt get the aerial feel that they promised....the combat wasnt fluid..(if you want to make it like Arkham City,at least make it good) Generally the game was a dissapointement...concidering the expectations....(i was reading that the game will be better that SM2+Ultimate combined ,and this kinda staff.....bullcrap all of them....)

I expect a great Spiderman game that he deserves.....fluid SPIDERMAN combat(and not a Batman rippoff...) GREAT city swinging....(see previous PS2 games and add something more....) great visuals(ASM was good but i kept feeling i am playing a bordered game on terms of graphics....i believe SM3 had a greater visual city....and a GREAT story that we wont get,cause it is gonna be a movie game.....(if they are ready to make a comicbook based game with free roaming.....lets say i am very pleased...!!! )

PunyParker

For an actual comic spiderman game I had an idea I'd really like to see come to pass:

I think it would be cool to release an open world spidey game with all the sandbox gameplay we've requested but with no story mode or anything at launch. After launch the developers should release episodic content every week for a while and then just start releasing it whenever they can. The game could work as a spider-man videogame/tv show hybrid. I think this would be a cool idea just because (if the game is good) it will keep you coming back to the game.

The episodic content should last a couple hours and should be divided in seasons at the menu whenever you want to play it. The story of the episodes/show can vary. I have some ideas:

Another ultimate spiderman game using this idea...

I don't know if it is actually possible to do this but, pick up where spectacular spiderman left off...

A completely new concept for spidey made up by developers...

based on where spidey is currently as spidey in the comics...

The free roaming would be everything requested by us and thought up by the developers. Weather, larger maps, etc.

Anyways thats my idea. Probaly won't be used but I think it would be cool.

Sidenote: Maybe the episodic content should be activated by date for people who don't have internet or xbox live/psn. The game should also have its own calendar to stop people from changing it.

Voidy

That's a really unique concept, although it might present a few complications in terms of the way it's priced. A game like that would have to function similarly to an MMO where players are essentially given the open-world spiderman gameplay for free but they would have to pay for episodic content and any equipment packs (such as new costumes, abilities, playable characters, etc.). For those who don't have an xbox live/psn internet connection this would be a problem as they would have to pay for a new disc (like the ones made for the downloadable content in Red Dead Redemption and Grand Theft Auto 4) every time something new was added. Not sure if players would be willing to keep paying for new content unless the core gameplay of the next spiderman game was REALLY strong (almost perfect). If the developers merely decide to just use "updates/patches" to improve the core gameplay over time, then question comes up of whether or not those updates should be free. The developers would also have to consider if a Free-to-Play single-player superhero game can actually be profitable over a lenght of time and not tank within the first three months (like APB and other unsucessful MMOs). Regardless your idea still sounds epic and ambitious (maybe risky as well).

You also mentioned some ideas for what the setting of the next spiderman game should be such as the Spectacular Spiderman, the current comic line, or something new. I'd have to say that by this point every single spiderman game released in the last decade or two has largely been about the (616) "Amazing" Peter Parker. Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time showed the developers trying out some new things with Spidey and I'd like to see that continue. The developers should either use one of the alternate universes such as 2099, Noir, New Ultimate (Miles Morales) or just go and create their own customized version of Spiderman.

**I gotta say that after playing Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time I'm dying to play an open-world 2099 game with Miguel O' Hara voiced by Christopher Daniel Barnes.**

TheNewSuperHero
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS