Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Spidey game ideas

Spider-Man

Re: Next Spidey game ideas

in reply to TimFL274

I like the idea of being able to chain together "web rush" manuevers. Maybe in the next spidey game there could be a speed-o-meter in the HUD that shows how fast the player is going and the trick would be to perform all of spidey's acrobatic moves in order to build it up (web swinging, web zipping, wall running, pole swinging, etc.). Once you've built up the speed-o-meter to maximum you could then trigger "rush mode" where spiderman would slow down time while moving effortlessly across NYC at breakneck speeds.

Level 4

in reply to TheNewSuperHero

You actually *can* chain together webrushes in the current game -- just tap the button (don't hold) at any time during an existing webrush. The procedural animation system will course-correct to your new location. It's a bit tricky ( you need to account for your surroundings to keep a streak going ), but very rewarding once mastered.

If you've already tried this out, let us know what you think.

in reply to NewsLad1

I did already try this out and I love it, though in the next game what I hope is that the web rush mechanic puts a real focus on speed. No matter how high I fell from or how far spidey vaulted through the air your speed was mostly the same. That's why I suggest you implement a special bar in the hud (the speed-o-meter) that increases depending on how well you chain together different web rush manuevers (wall running, pole swinging, etc.) By varying up the maneuvers you add more speed to the speed-o-meter rather than doing the exact same maneuver over and over. Once the speed-o-meter is filled the player can trigger "rush mode" where they can slow down time and pull off even more of spiderman's crazy acrobatics.

I hope I made sense with all of this, let me know if I did or not.

Level 4

in reply to TimFL274

This is a great list: point by point and nicely articulated!

in reply to Spiderhero128

I'd like to see the swing kick return, it's a great feature

In game guest star(s) appearance and interaction, with no role for him/her/them in the story

Swimming, and if you swim carrying someone, task should not fail

Level 2

I already posted this on another thread here but it's worth posting again

I have an idea for a spiderman game and I'm not sure how well it would work. Not that I have the resources or influence to make it happen. It could be just about the most awesome thing ever, or just fail miserably. Ok here's the concept I'll start with basic game mechanics. It would be first person, again not sure if this would work, think mirrors edge with super powers. It would be in an open world environment, you would have all of Spidermans powers (eventually). The world would include manhattan and various other parts of the city such as queens. Basically the game would follow the first year of Peter Parkers life as Spiderman. You would begin before your powers were gained, the day you get bitten. You would live Spidermans origin story. You wake up late and have to rush to school. You arrive just in time to be bullied by Flash a bit before classes begin. Then you realize that you have your feild trip today. You forgot to pack a lunch. During the trip you're bitten by the spider. You go home feeling ill and fall asleep. When you wake up again though you technically have your powers you haven't learned that yet. The game spends a "Day" making you realize what they are and how you can use them. I'm not going to write an entire play by play of the story but it's the same basic tale. Uncle Ben dies, you choose to become spiderman. You build webshooters and "design" your costume. Now here's where it gets interesting. I can see the game from this point going one of two ways. One, the people developing the game have writers come up with a different story for each day of the year, some being super villan free days, some story archs that take up to a few weeks to complete. It doesn't all have to be Spidy stuff either. You live all of Peter Parkers life, not just when he's wearing the mask, that's important you are Peter Parker AKA Spiderman not the other way around. Anyway, second way it could go is that a number of iconic Spidy villans are picked and each is assigned a team. Each team creates a multitude of storys involving their given characters. At first Spiderman handles low level crimes like robbery and car theifs. When you start to become more noticable Villans begin to appear. Lower level ones first, like shocker. As you get better you move onto the bigger baddies like Goblin and Doc Ock. I personally like the second option. In conclusion, the most important idea behind this concept is that you are living Peters life, and the game universe is deeply thought out and created. Buildings are enterable, not all of them but the important ones. Aunt Mays house, Midtown high, the Osborns, and a few shops. Personally I would play this game non-stop. If any Beenox or current Spidy right holders like tis idea please feel free to be inspired.

Level 1
Highlighted

They should have a great new story with ALL of Spidey's villians in it and they are planning to take him down by taking his loved ones hostage.

We should also have the game teach the gamer about WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILTY. The game should also have Spidey doing his greatest feats like supporting the Daily Bugle and etc.

Have a part when Spider-Man actually gets super angry and starts beating the mess out of people and then have him use more argressive techniques.

Show his true power:

Strength-

• Lifting up a train,
  • Supporting the Daily Bugle,
  • Freeing Himself from Meral and Debris,
  • Lift up a bus and tank with ease
  • Supporting a Helicopter and Stopping a speeding car with his hands

Agility/Speed

• They should let us be able to dodge anything and we shouldnt have to "retreat" just to dodge bullets and iguna barf
  • Change his speed in the game other than having a certain pace
  • We should be able to slide through things and do flips without the use of web rush

These are things that spidey can do and that should put similar things like these in to the next spidey game.

The civilians models are blurry and doesnt seem as real as characters like gwen and conners. Another problem I had was when you told them to get to a safe house, they would just take a pic of you and start cheering. It would be nice if you could actually hold a convo with the civilians in the game.

Level 3

So... does anyone think we'll be getting a sequel to the Amazing Spider-Man Game? If so, do you think it will simply continue to the story of the first or follows the movies plot/universe more closely (aka the first game never happened and we get back to games similar in style to Spider-Man 2 & 3 which I would prefer tbh).

Level 10

They should do like the new Batman Game and have the bad guys be able to counter you aswell because that would add more competitiveness to the games. And more exciting in my opinion.

And if you could add more upgrades and add some to web rush so that we could do more moves

Level 3

Here's my idea for a spiderman game, which I mentioned a bit a while back. Feeling that words weren't enough to get across my idea I decided to visualize the concept on my deviantart account.

Check it out here:

http://icedrawn-edge.deviantart.com/art/Spider-Man-2100-Character-Sheet-Finalized-374098130

-and-

http://icedrawn-edge.deviantart.com/art/Sinister-Six-2100-Character-Sheet-Finalized-376193668

Level 4
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS