Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 Save game Problem

Spider-Man

Re: PS3 Save game Problem

in reply to MaxCash1

This game is probably the only game out there that I want to play but on the other hand the only game I'm afraid to play with all the savegame issued reported on here (continue disappearing, loading stuck etc).

Imo a gamer shouldnt fear such things, please look into it as I currently have no way of backing up my 360 savegame

Level 10

in reply to MaxCash1

I did some digging, and discovered that many other gamers have the same problem with this game too.

People have contacted Beenox one of the developers of the game.

There might be a firmware update soon for the game???  Don't know if that's true or not.

I know PS3 recently released 4.20 update. So....  We'll just have to wait. 

I also read that gamers are asking the developers to make a "manual save" option as well. 

There's a bug in the game. Pardon the horrible pun.  XD

So.... whenever the autosave icon comes, just let it save and don't do anything. 

**sighs**  I'm really bummed how I have to start everything over again. 

I guess I should go watch the movie then, and play the game after.

Level 1

in reply to MaxCash1

Hey guys,

If you're still having this problem there's a gamefaq thread on this too.   Whatever you do, don't exchange this game for another. This problem is very common at the moment.

If you would like more info or the site that I read off from. Let me know.

I'm not sure if I can post the site here.

Level 1

in reply to drunkun_munky26

It is strange that it is on the PS3 only though, The 360 version doesnt have savegame issues (atleast here it works like a charm).

Level 10

in reply to TimFL274

Perhaps.... I might have to get an Xbox now just for the game?

Have you guys downloaded the new update 1.01?  

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to MaxCash1

I think I am on chapter 4(where you just got the camera and started to take pictures).

This is strange, I did not play this for a few days.

I hope they send a fix out.

Level 2

in reply to MaxCash1

same problem here, PS3 and game are running on latest update. played a lot yesterday (1st time i played the game at all) and wanted to continue today. i checked it out, the files are still on the ps' harddrive and so are the pictures i've taken during the game. all i did was copying them to an usb device. i hope this is going to be fixed soon.

good to know, i'm not the only one...

Level 1

in reply to MaxCash1

Holy crap. I can't believe this problem hasn't been fixed since July. Day-to-date that's over six months ago now (practically seven).

I encounted the same thing: I haven't played in about ten days and as soon as I went to boot this up on my PS3, the only option is to start a new game. I'm at Chapter Ten on Super Hero difficulty. There's no way I'm restarting this thing to collect 700 collectibles all over again. Maybe a patch for a "Load Save Game" would have been a rather amazing after-thought.

Chock one up to the trade-in bin. Glad I got this on-sale Beenox and Activision. I knew I shouldn't be playing Spidey games after that piece that was Shattered Dimensions...

Level 1

in reply to purestchaos

I'm sorry to hear that this issue has cropped up again: no two ways about it, that's a super frustrating problem and you have every right to be annoyed.   Currently we don't have any news about this, but if something comes down the pipe, we will pass them on (I'll make a point to personally PM everyone in this thread if something comes through).

Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS