Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposal

Spider-Man

Highlighted

Re: Proposal

in reply to Rei_Entri

Fantastic idea, though when I read the title I immediately thought of the "Spiderman Unlimited" show that used to come on where Peter traveled to counter-earth and everyone was an animal hybrid. Maybe re-name it "Spiderman:Legacy" or "Spiderman:Maximum" to avoid the confusion. Also regarding the button configuration the left trigger would seem better suited for a sprint button enabling players to parkour in conjunction to holding the right trigger to web swing. Using the left trigger for sprint would also feel natural when pressing the A button to jump or switching Spiderman's light attacks to heavier/stronger attacks (or do we call it the "strenght" trigger given that it's use would be to enhance spidermans movements/attacks?). The web retreat button on the left bumper could be used to dual web-swing by holding it down whilst holding the right trigger. Tims right that the camera/goggles can just be moved to the d-pad. Only other thing I could suggest would be for the developers to include more of their concept art and development videos, as an artist myself I personally love it when I get to see the process the developers went into making these games.

Level 4

in reply to TheNewSuperHero

RE: Development and concept art, oftentimes disc space issues prevent devs from putting in as much behind-the-scenes material. However, oftentimes we'll have behind-the-scenes features hosted on our YouTube channel. You can check out playlists for various HeroHQ games here (right hand column), which include both tr...

in reply to NewsLad1

Yeah I know there's always the internet for viewing that kind of stuff, just a suggestion. Wouldn't mind much if it was included or not as I'd be far more concerned with how good the actual game was.

Level 4

I should have clarified that I imagine Spider-Man would auto-run and only "walk" as Peter. Also, I wouldn't want to sacrifice the photo camera or Cat's binoculars just for a run button. Le Parkour could be achieved automatically by simply running over the landscape and bouncing off of walls or using Web Rush/Cat Streak.

The photo camera and binoculars are the only way a player could get a great view of how the characters see things. As I've said many times, I believe the city is a character. So it's good to be able to take a look at it from time to time. Or if you find an easter egg or some subtle reference, you could take a photo.

I personally think that Easter Eggs would be better than MORE tokens, emblems or comics. Like the ones Madam Webb has you find would make sense to story and help gameplay. After that, I imagine that throughout the city are famous locations or references that Spider-Man could find and take a photo of. He'd then maybe give a quick comment about it...

"Avengers Tower. I think Ms. Marvel has a crush on me..." Or something like that.

Level 6

in reply to Rei_Entri

"Automatic Parkour"? No game does that, not Assassin's Creed, Prototype or Infamous and there's a reason for it. Anytime you'd move near a wall or object it would be a constant hastle as the game parkours you over things you don't want (Infamous and Assassin's Creed partially had this problem). You may accidentally turn the wrong way and all of sudden spiderman starts climbing up some wall you didn't want him to or vaulting off the edge of a building when what you really wanted to do was stand there so now you have to climb all the way back to the top. In the current spiderman games they've made it so that you have to hold forward on the left thumbstick to climb a wall, which in truth is a bit of a hastle itself because spiderman won't always climb the wall so you have to wait there until the command registers. There were times in Shattered Dimensions, Edge of Time and TASM where spiderman looks like he's just standing there hugging the wall for 5 minutes. Considering that in TASM that clicking the left thumbstick perched you on a wall, it would make sense if you could just use that whenever you wanted to wall crawl (I actually tried doing that in the game and it didn't work) and not have to hold the left thumbstick forward. Most if not all games just use the click of the right thumbstick or the directional pad for the 1st person/zoom view which is essentially what the whole camera/binocular thing is. Players won't spend most of their time in that view (especially in a spiderman game) so you'd want to place it on a button from the controller that's not continually being pressed.

Level 4

Okay, how about this:

Right and Left bumper held down is Web Rush/Cat Streak?

Right bumper on it's own is the run/parkour button. While in "running" mode the world reacts to Spidey as if he's intentionally trying to do le parkour. So that way it can't accidentally happen, because you're purposely holding the button down. So he'll hop over items you're running at, or back flip off a wall, dive over the side of a building, etc..

Also, this proposal doesn't feature auto-wall crawling. I suggested above that Y-Button plus a directional would begin a wall crawl.

Level 6

in reply to Rei_Entri

Also, I don't actually want a double web swing, to answer the question. I'm not against it. That's why I added it into being a selectable option, but I don't think it's necessary. Of all the topics about it throughout the boards, I've not seen a valid reason of why it NEEDS to be included other than people liking how it looks.

Webs can stick to buildings and have "real" physics without needing two webs the whole time. Now if he needs to slow down or stop himself, then a double web is reasonable. Though, for basic swinging? I think it would be maybe more realistic/tactical if he mainly used one arm for swinging, and saved the other for potential battle. That way he wouldn't be wasting the fluid of both web shooters.

When have we seen double web swinging? For the most part? Cartoons or comics. The movies? The majority of the time it's single web.

Regardless, I found that gameplay unnecessary and semi-annoying after playing the more recent games and going back to try it. I would not fully add it (ie expand upon it) to my proposal for a future game, as I do not want them to waste time developing it with other details and features readily available to discuss. That's not to say I would be mad or disappointed if they did include it in a future game, I just don't care about it.

Level 6

in reply to Rei_Entri

The double web swing could just be applied as it was in "Shattered Dimensions/Edge of Time" where players would hold the jump button and spiderman would fire two webs launching himself upward. Simply remove the "double jump" ability (which I don't know why they re-used rather than to continue with the "charged jump" from spiderman 2) and replace it with "double web jump". Its more realistic if spidey uses his webs to double jump rather than him all of a sudden having this new ability where he can lift himself in mid-air (and I know its a classic videogame feature but it doesn't make sense for the spiderman games anymore, not since spiderman 2).

And in regards to the "web rush" being activated by holding down both left/right trigger, I think that web rush should just have its own button like the right bumper from TASM. Because using the left trigger would not only be used for parkouring through the environment it could be used when web swinging to give spiderman longer strides (similar to Spiderman 1 the movie game where you could swing faster but with less turning control). You could also use it in combat to give spiderman heavier attacks, since he only has one button to attack and it will always be a light attack when you're not holding down the left trigger as well.

Level 4

Am i the only one who accually liked the Shattered Dimensions/EoT combat style?....(not the web combat of Amazing...kinda lame....web-fist...seriously??)

The normal combat was really enjoyable,and it let you take on a lot of enemies.....unlike TASM where this non fluid combat style,and a really heavy try to copy Batman....didnt end up (very)well,imo....

A decent story,from a good Spidey writer,open world,good head artist,a known and loved voice actor and you have an enjoyable game!!

P.S. We blubber about EoT....Decent story from a good Spidey writer(Peter David)=check....good head artist(Jean Christophe Gauthier)=check......a known Spidey voice actor(Josh Keaton)=check......it lacked open world....

Level 4

in reply to PunyParker

The combat in Shattered Dimensions/Edge of Time was as generic as it comes. Nothing about it stood out from every other action/adventure game to come out within the past decade. All you had was the 5-hit combo and "special bar" (slow down time, rage, etc.) we've come to expect from most platformers in general. Taking on multiple enemies was very clunky in those games where as in TASM it was much more fluid and dynamic performing the acrobatic wrestling-based moves (even if it is inspired by Batman which was actually inspired by Assassins Creed). As far as Edge of Time is concerned, the only redeemable aspect of that game was the story/dialogue, everything else was mediocre at best. If the game had been released before any of us played Spiderman 2 then we would be singing its praises, unfortunately its not 2004 anymore. You catch a glimmer of what that game could of been through the higher visual cutscenes. It was clear that "Edge of Time" needed more time.

Level 4
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS