Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposal

Spider-Man

Re: Proposal

in reply to TheNewSuperHero

Really,it didnt bother me at all(combat..)after the combat of SM2-3-Ultimate the only combat style i liked more was the WoS one.....i(reapeat) didnt like the TASM combat because of its movement....You see AA combat and its fast,fluid beautiful....in Spidey,until you reach the awesome finishing move it was plain punches that didnt feel real....i'm trying to explain what i felt(past tence...i dont play the game anymore....i started EoT again) when batteling....also the crime thing....the only enjoyable side-mission was the Felicia one....thats what i call a side misson!!....as about the other,one/three guy roberry in a parking-lot 156232 times in a game...boring doncha think?...oh and the car-chase was an embarassment....the SAME car,numerous times in a game....just take the plates and put them in jail,for Christ's sake!!

And exacly...it isnt 2004 or 2005 anymore...when the 2 best Spider-Man games came out....its been 7 years....and we have seen NOTHING like them.....

I am bashing the game only because i want to see something A LOT better in the future....(and if i want better i look in the past....unfortunatelly....)....as about Beenox....i dont think they are the best Spidey-game developers,existed....BUT TASM is their best,from three...not my favourite(SD) but the best

Level 4

in reply to PunyParker

So they need to change the attack animations and add in more variety between the punches. Regardless the combat in TASM is still more fluid than the 5-hit basic combo that is seen in every other standard action/adventure game. Your attacks in Shattered Dimensions/Edge of Time didn't really feel like they connected to the person you're hitting, they seemed to phase through the characters most of the time. You could be attacking one enemy and as long as another enemy is standing moderately close to that one then they'll be damaged as well, even if the actual punches and kicks aren't connecting to that character (basically theres too much splash damage in those games). And I already get that you didn't like TASM that much.

Level 4

Dont get me wrong, i liked the game....i just wait for something mind-blowing like the Batman games,for SpiderMan....

Level 4

in reply to PunyParker

We all do, it just might take a while to get there.

Level 4

I believe that with enough imagination, we can find a solution for any problem or disagreement.

It seems like you guys want whole buttons dedicated to certain things. And I want photography. So it's possible for everyone to get what they want. And I'm really excited to suggest this idea: An inventory system!!

See Spider-Man wouldn't need to use parkour in "level based" or "off-map" stages/levels. That is to say if you're playing in an area that is not part of the sandbox manhattan islands, no parkour. So in stages like that, the controls would play as I've laid out above in the proposal and control outlines by default.

However in the sandbox, we could have an inventory system available through the "Back"/"Select" button on the controller.

As you'll see above in the controller outlines, I listed "Back-Button" as a cell phone. When you have equipped the "Camera" or "Binoculars", the controls would be as I've said. By default, these are auto-equipped for stages or levels where you need them. However, if you unequip them, the trigger is completely open to be the sprint button.

That way, people who want to run or parkour can do so, people who want to take photos can do so.

-----------------------------

The inventory system could also be used for other things as well. Different weapons for Black Cat? Items that Spider-Man has to use. Etc..

Level 6

in reply to Rei_Entri

Why bother with an inventory? It's not like the d-pad is being used for anything else, aside from triggering spider-sense you have 3 free buttons there ready to be used.

Level 4

I'm confused. In my above proposal, I have not suggested that the D-Pad triggers Spider-Sense? And I have, in fact, specified that it IS being used for other features. What are you referring to?

Level 6

in reply to Rei_Entri

Spider-Sense would need to make some sort of return unless it's simply integrated into "web-rush" so it would logically be placed on the d-pad, the up directional to be specific (just like it was in Shattered Dimensions/Edge of Time). Shuffling through "summons" would only require the left and right directionals to still be effective. That leaves the down directional for the camera/binoculars since toggling the mini-map doesn't at all require a button, that can just be handled in the options screen if the player wants to see it or not (which I don't understand why they wouldn't when all necessary map information is down there without having to constantly switch to the full view map). An inventory just to switch between parkour and binoculars wouldn't at all be needed when you could could just place "auxillary" abilities on the d-pad which would include the spider-sense, summons, and the camera/binoculars. Players would be far more likely to press the sprint/parkour button in a spiderman game rather than the camera. In TASM I knew the camera was there on the left trigger but aside from the optional pictures you could take during the indoor missions I never pressed that button throughout the rest of the game. Honestly I didn't understand why the camera was even on the left trigger and not just the d-pad since half of those directionals never did anything in the game.

Level 4
Highlighted

Could you specify what you mean about spider-sense a bit more?

You're right that the map could be placed elsewhere. Like maybe you get an auto-static map on screen. And then for the larger map, you'd have to go into your cell phone. So I'm not against adding something to the D-Pad in it's place, but I have the controller set-up done this way for a reason. The photography and binoculars are an intricate part of gameplay and something that IS more heavily featured in this game. Unlike parkour.

I'm not going to get into it, but I feel as though parkour is a visual thing. It, much like dual webs, is not necessary to gameplay. I'm not going to feature that more heavily than the things I purposely included for a reason. I'm calling this a proposal for a reason. I feel as if you and others are trying to add in other things, more than you're discussing the proposal as is. It is somewhat disheartening and insulting that you guys seem to think I just threw together some ideas without any thought as to how gameplay would work.

I have an Amazing Spider-Man(NES, where you got cash for photos) meets The Amazing Spider-Man(movie game, where it would unlock bios or figurines) type of concept about open photography in levels and across the map. As well as mission-based photos.

And I have already laid out how I'd like the gameplay to flow in all other aspects as well. You made it seem like I would 'need' or 'have to' have the spider-sense return. Untrue. If you're referring to some sort of mode where time slows down or if everything's in black in white except for danger? No. The "Y-button dodge" will suffice.

The Amazing Spider-Man's gameplay was a GREAT starting point for how to make a great Spider-Man game. More ideas and other concepts are great. Yet, I did think about this and I put a lot of time and hard work into a proposal just for people to start talking about features I didn't even mention.

For the record, you'd be hard pressed to find a Spider-Man game I didn't play. From Japan only's Lethal Foes to the arcade game with Black Cat, Namor and Hawkeye to 32X's Web of Fire. I'm not like unfamiliar to how gameplay would work. I'd appreciate benefite of the doubt.

I wish you'd guys just accept the controls the way I have them -or- ask WHY I have it a certain way instead of just trying to replace it. This is a new hypothetical game. Your previous experience is not a direct influence on how this would be....

Level 6

in reply to Rei_Entri

In Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time players could trigger spider-sense by pressing up on the d-pad, this would allow them to view enemies, collectibles, civilians, bosses and any markers related to the mission objective (even if those things were located halfway across the map or hidden through walls). The spider-sense worked in the same manner as detective mode for Batman, eagle sense for Assassin's Creed and many other games. It's a sort of x-ray vision that comes in very handy when players are unsure of what it is their supposed to be doing, looking for hidden tokens, or knowing the precise location of enemies. In TASM they merely integrated spider-sense in with the web rush, though it was much less "powerful" than it was in Shattered Dimensions/Edge of Time. In another post I mentioned how the first-person view should be removed from web rush, so that whenever the player triggered web-rush, time would merely slow down and the world around spiderman is filtered in nothing but blue shades allowing the gold web rush markers from TASM to show through more (I hope I made sense there). The spider-sense would return to the d-pad like it was in Shattered Dimensions/Edge of Time, only this time whenever players use it they enter into a first-person camera perspective so they can closely see what's in the world around them.

Level 4
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS