Srta_Schultz
6 REPLIES

Re: TASM 3???

in reply to Srta_Schultz

maybe in 2016 =D

doctorlaba3rd

in reply to Srta_Schultz

No, there most likely won't be an ASM 3 by Activision/Beenox.

Activision and Marvel’s partnership comes to an end | Digital Trends

Activision no longer has a Marvel license - Marvel Heroes

Activision removes Spider-Man, X-Men and Deadpool games from Steam, Xbox Live, and PSN - GameSpot

ASM 2 will still launch as planned, but the future of Marvel games for Activision is pretty much done without a license.

SpiderRyuu

in reply to SpiderRyuu

That is the Marvel games license. Beenox confirmed that TASM1 and TASM2 use the Sony movie license, that's the reason we can still buy both games and TASM2 wasn't canned. We could very well see a TASM3 in 2016 if Sony doesn't give up the movie license / wants someone else to do the movie tie-ins.

TimFL274

in reply to TimFL274

I haven't heard that anywhere, where'd you hear it?

SpiderRyuu

in reply to SpiderRyuu

https://twitter.com/BeenoxTeam/status/424257837246599168

They mentioned it a lot due to the comicbook based games disappearing.

TimFL274

in reply to TimFL274

Where do they specifically state they can continue making video games based on Spider-Man using the movie license, though? The original license was to last until 2017 and it got cut short. Marvel/Disney also took back Capcom's license as well. Both of these things were unexpected and fans were given no warning (at least by Activision).

I'd like more concrete proof than just them being able to use one suit in game. Remember, the game was almost finished when it happened, Marvel/Disney might've just decided to let it slip through.

Never mind this. Twitter finally loaded the full convo (using my iPad). This is pretty interesting.

Thanks for the clarification.

SpiderRyuu
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS