Apparently, there is a sequel to this year's movie set for release in May 2014. I assume that a game will accompany it like before. Using released info, maybe we could tell the developers what we want before pre-production starts.
You made some good points here
I like your ponits you made
By the time that game comes out...things like this that you've listed should already be a given. 2014 is long enough for enough trail and error.
I support all of your ideas (I hope some of them are already in this game).
It seems like you're doing these ideas for the upcoming game. It's already too late for new features to be added, so let's just hope some of those are in the next one.
It was meant to be for the upcoming game IF they dont make it into the current one.
Maybe this thread needs a revival. With the new gameplay leaked and the release date fast approaching, we could probably suggest more things now.
in this game and the next game i think they should have:
- Same as the comments above. The people of NY reacting to what spidey does in the game (i think they have it in this ASM game as well)
- Reflections of Spidey in the building when swinging past or crawling up the wall.
- Being able to play as PP and then when there is a crime, run into an alley and change into the Spidey costume (without the game having to go to loading screen)
- Having to save people from falling off building and scaffolding etc.
- Being able to stick criminals to walls, floors, lamp posts etc.
- Access indoor areas even after completion of the game.
- Being able to select the time of day/ night and the weather, (sunny, dusk, dawn, snow, rain, overcast etc.
- Runnign out of web and having to reload web shooters before Spidey splats on the road lol.
- Manhattan being absolutely filled with beeping cars and taxis and people filling the street like it should be.
- Degradable alternate suits.
- people cheer or throw rubbish at you and call you a menace.
- shoot cob webs with your webshooters.
- Finally, A LOT of replay value!!!
- Also plenty of alternate costumes!!
most of that has already been confirmed for this game
i feel like we should hold off on saying waht we want in a sequel until we actualy play the first game
I have been a huge fan of the Spiderman series of game due to the huge roam feature and super power, which makes you feel the adrenaline without being overpowered (hint hint Prototype, no hate though).
The new game however was to easy. My favourite Spiderman game was The Web Of Shadows. It had some of the best features in the series.
1. Different powers ! I LOVED SPIDERMAN SHATTERED DIMENSIONS, the smooth change of pace with each spiderman having totally different playstyles was AWESOME. I would love to see it again.
2. Skill Set: Upgrades in the Amazing Spiderman were there, but were not like "new combos", they were merely more defense, damage, blah blah blah.. you get the point. I want more moves, I want to feel that I am progressing.
3. CHOICE ! Your choices matter ! "With great power comes great responsibility" Web of Shadows had four different endings, and your suit even altered your allies and moves. TheInfamous series are games that can be related to in such aspects.
The following are some features of the new game that I like:
1. The Web rush Mechanic
2. Camera angles (except whille on the ceiling)
3. Fluid combo.
4. Side missions (though they could have a bit variety)
5. Comic pages! nice touch!
Somethings that are needed:
1. Enemy variety and detail.
2. Boss variety (the robbery one was interesting, the spider slayers were awesome, the rest were the same sewage creatures)
3. Fights outside (web of shadows had them)
4. Difficulty (If you are stealthy, difficulty does not seem to matter!, combat too is primarily easy)
5. Web Retreat should not be present in higher difficulties, its like a "I peed my pants" button.
6. More spidermen, AGAIN ! (2099, noir, ultimate)
Thank you for reading the whole comment if you did. Hope Activision can see this too !