Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game (Official)

Spider-Man

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game (Official)

So it's officially announced. The teaser trailer was... well ok.

Would love to have a bit more information on the e.g. webswinging and open world gameplay but I guess we'll read/see more about it soon.

Set to be out next year may (when the movie launches) on PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, WiiU, 3DS.

I really hope there is a proper difference between next gen and current gen.

//EDIT: The trailer is of the current gen version of the game.

*Exclusive* The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Teaser Trailer - NY Comic-Con 2013 - YouTube

Level 10
31 REPLIES

Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game (Official)

in reply to TimFL274

"Developed by Beenox, the folks behind The Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, and Spider-Man: The Edge of Time, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will put players back in a free-roaming New York as the webhead with new combat moves and upgrades. The story itself revolves around Spidey hunting Uncle Ben's killer; it's set in the movie universe but existing in its own continuity.

The sequel will also introduce a new heroism system called "Hero or Menace" in which you're rewarded for stopping crime, but punished if you don't keep it up. More interesting, the narrative will actually have Peter Parker bits for players to experience."

-IGN

Level 4

in reply to TimFL274

The trailer also mentions a "Dewolff," in the radio message at around 0:17 of the video. I'm expecting she'll play a major role in the story.

Level 1

in reply to TimFL274

I'd be really glad if the story revolved around uncle bens murderer. I dislike the over the top stories (apocalypse, spider-slayers, NY burning). It'd be ok having Electro going on a rampage but please stay away from the whole NY is going to die a horrible painful death if I don't stop the army of monsters flooding the streets. It's been done too often IMHO (WoS, TASM etc).

Level 10
Highlighted

in reply to TimFL274

I couldnt agree more......if it's a well crafted-grounded writing around this story(Ben's death) it could provide us with one of the best spidey videogame stories ever.....and with good gameplay it could be more!!

I wasnt impressed with ASM(at all...it didnt live up to the potential...or hype) so i expect SO MUCH more....

Level 4

in reply to TimFL274

So it's official (and unsurprising) that we have yet another movie-tie in game. My initial reaction to the teaser trailer is pretty neutral at this point. There honestly isn't anything in this announcement that makes me particularly excited, though I do find it very curious how it's said that the game is set within the same universe as the films but exists on its own continuity which is something we mentioned in the forums a whiles back and it seems like that's what they went with to resolve the whole Rhino/alternate characters issue. I doubt if Electro or anyone else from the film will even appear in the game but I could be wrong. Either way here's hoping the unlimited random crimes will be in the game (which it seems like it is given the whole "hero/menace" feature) and that they've built on the good parts of the first movie game. Who knows maybe Beenox will blow our minds with all the changes they've made in TASM 2 (I'd hope) otherwise this will be another mediocre movie based game that just keeps getting made.

Level 4

in reply to TheNewSuperHero

I follow Beenox's Twitter,and some interesting stuff has come out,like the playable Peter Parker....literally playable.Peter Parker jurnalist investigation missions,not only pics!

Level 4

in reply to TimFL274

in reply to Bluedonut00

Thank you bluedonut00! These links are starting to make me feel a little more positive about the game. When I saw "Cryo-Webbing", I'm not gonna lie I got excited.

EDIT: The more I read these articles the more it seems that Beenox really listened to the discussions we had in these forums. Different types of webbing, webs attaching to buildings now, investigative journalistic Peter Parker side missions, "Hero or Menace" mechanic (which sounds like a fancy way of saying unlimited random crimes). If they say there's parkour in the game then I'm 100% convinced this will be the spiderman game I've been waiting to play. Here's hoping I can say the same thing once I've actually played the game and have seen these features in action for myself.

Level 4

in reply to TheNewSuperHero

I dont get my hopes high cuz i did with ASM,and the resaults were dissapointing.....

But i am a bit excited......better graphics,camera change to norman 3rd person game,normal web lines(and not comicbooky) and we're off!!

Level 4
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS