Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game (Official)

Spider-Man

Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game (Official)

in reply to TheNewSuperHero

No problem, bro.

When they talked about the "Hero or Menace" system I had a hunch that it would either be used for unlimited crimes, like we asked, or it would somewhat be tied to the story and that the rating you get at the end affects the ending in some way. I'm leaning towards the unlimited crimes idea, since there probably will be games tied to the next Amazing Spider-Man movies, but in its own continuity, like Beenox said.

Level 1

in reply to Bluedonut00

It was confirmed that it has to do something with the crimes happening in the streets, if you choose to ignore them you'll have a bad time. I don't remember where I read it though, Beenox has tweeted a lot more info in the past 24 hours (like webs attaching to buildings, 2 triggers being used for swinging, camera altered slightly, evolved combat, Peter Parker investigation gameplay, Fisk tower confirmed etc.)

Level 10

in reply to TimFL274

This has the potential to be great.....but....so did ASM,so i'll keep my pants on for the moment.

Level 4

in reply to TimFL274

- day-night-cycle

- infinite side missions and a bigger variety of them

- Peter Parker playable outside of his missions (PP skin)

- a more realistic city (the TASM's New York was too compressed)

- multiple slots for autosaves and manual saves (btw. please do not copy protect them on PS3)

and the game is almost perfect for me.

Oh and I don't want to see the annoying save game bug from the TASM PS3 version again. Though you could at least back up it to a USB stick it still sucked.

Level 1

in reply to TimFL274

Maybe, I'm getting old. I'm reading the comments and it's just a lot of complaining. I think it's more productive to focus on what they've been doing right, than to focus on what we were unimpressed by or the things we feel they did wrong. I've been away from the boards for some time, and I've had some time to think about this upcoming game and how the community can explain what we want.

For example, take a chef. If you say "Yeah, I hated the dish you made. It didn't live up to my expectations and the plating was too over the top." And someone else says "No way!! It was a great beginning! Don't change a thing! In fact, you just need to add some stuff." Then, that doesn't really tell the chef what to do, because they're too conflicting points.

However, if two customers say that they--again, for example--"Loved the meat used for the dish, and the flavor was amazing." But maybe one person didn't enjoy the salad, or another person disliked the rice, then the chef knows that, at the core, the meat and the seasoning is fine. It is other things that need to change.

How do we translate that to gaming?

TASM was a solid game. Factually, the game played fairly well. This has been established by professional reviewers. If you don't think so, you're just wrong. That doesn't mean it was the best game or even the best Spider-Man game, but they had--objectively--a decent game.

Nitpicking things will not help Beenox make a better version. They're just going to see a lot of conflicting opinions from the fans and not really be sure what we want. As evidenced by all of the spider-man games being similar, but rarely crossing the threshold to a "reinvention of what it is to be a spider-man game" as Spider-Man 2 years ago.

Level 6

in reply to TimFL274

For those wondering, yes, a trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 video game is coming soon (we have seen the first cut!). Stay tuned!

Also, we have been quiet about The Amazing Spider-Man 2 video game because we are busy working on the game! We'll answer questions later.

Level 4
Highlighted

in reply to TimFL274

Beenox...Automatic Day and Night time cycles, The classic costume from the comics, which he pretty much wears in the movie (so alternate costumes), infinite crime (i.e., infinite things to do and replay value), reasons to play as Peter Parker. That's what fans asked for last time. The majority of us also asked for a game that does not end abruptly.

The gameplay of the previous game, free-flow combat, the controls, the plot and the larger than life enemies were all fine. Everywhere from IGN to Gamespot and GameFAQs all agreed on that. Those things need to simply be upgraded. Not redone or taken away. This should feel like a sequel not a completely different series.

The plot of the game also technically could still fit as cannon for the movie (as far as we know). So we don't need a game that pretends the previous one never happened.

Level 6

in reply to Rei_Entri

It's already confirmed that the game will be a sequel to the first game. They are going their "own way" now which means that they aren't going to extend the 2nd movie. They will take cues from the 2nd movie (like Electro storyline etc.) and add them to their own story. We effectively have a distant movie tie-in that retells the movies story in their own way without directly copying the movie.

Level 10

Re: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game (Official)

in reply to TimFL274

I'm aware that it is a "sequel", however if you remember that Rhino was already featured in the first game, this could spawn the writing team to treat this game as if the previous events never happened. This is commonly called a "retroactive continuity change" or a retcon. And the Sam Raimi Spider-Man film-based games had heavy amounts of these from game to game.

Each new game in the "series" were sequels to each other but seemed to negate the previous events and situations. The gameplay, map and art direction also changed from game to game. So they did not feel like a connected series, but more like 3 different games all based on the films, but made to be played regardless if you saw the previous films or played the previous games. I think the Batman: Arkham series has shown that a consistent and coherent plot is much better.

If "going their own way" means that players will have consistency, that's all I am asking for. They have an opportunity to start making great Spider-Man games again.

On a separate note in this discussion, I want to be very specific when I say to any of the devs possibly reading this:

Players want to be the character. Making our own choices, decisions and exploration on our terms is interesting and fun. The game is being made right now. If you guys are reading any of the fan comments for basis on what to be in the game, you're likely to have done so months ago and are scanning the messages, comments and feedback now. To that end, please include more interior places. And bring back enemy hideouts and warehouses from Spider-Mann 2. It just makes the world seem more lifelike, and like Spider-Man is in actual NYC, not just a giant jungle gym.

With exploring and living like the character, we'd also like to MEET or fight our fan favorite characters or enemies.

Hobgoblin

Please include the classic 1980's Hobgoblin.

The Classic Hobgoblin was not included in a game since even before Maximum Carnage on SNES.

Level 6

in reply to Rei_Entri

What is it you don't understand about sequel to the first game? It was confirmed by a lot of people already (Chris Baker from marvel, rep from Beenox etc.) that it is a sequel to THEIR first entry in the series, not the movie. It takes place after the events of the first game (yes everything still happened in TASM2) and only takes cues from the 2nd movie (it probably has a few Electro missions etc.). And the Rhino cross-species could very well work even with the introduction of the real Rhino (if they even include him in the game because it's an original story that doesn't fully retell the movies story). Rhino cross-species could just be a normal cross-species whereas the robot Rhino is the real Rhino from the comics. Spidey could even throw some hints in there (like mentioning the cross-species Rhino in a fight).

The games and movies effectively go seperate ways now. The games take cues from the movies but have their own movie universe to play in (with guidance from Sony on what is allowed and what isn't). On the other hand I don't think you'll see any of your favorite villains any time soon because it's still up to Sony whether they can use a villain or not (and they'll without a doubt be stuck with what Sony has in their movies or lets them use).

Level 10
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS