cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Cause-and-effect" gameplay

Spider-Man

Sounds like a really fun gimmick but I hope we don't get to switch worlds on our own accord. I don't just want to press a button and switch to 2099's world after I made a choice and see that something world happened in 2099's world. I rather see it flow throughout the story.

thespectre

I think changing between 2 worlds on the fly would be awesome. The cause and effect could work like this: You complete objective 1 in Amazing universe than you have to complete objective 1 in the 2099 universe. After you do objective 2 as Amazing and go back to 2099 you see how the choice you made in objective 1 effected you.

alakai117

I definitely like the sound of that.

but make it more like inFAMOUS where the smallest of actions can slowly make an impact, e.g are you going to save those poor civilians from that burning building... no, well everyone will hate you and the city will be supporting the villain. BUT, if you choose to save them the city will slowly begin to love you and will support you and hate the villain but ultimately SpiderMan(amazing) will die in a slightly different way. And then Spidey 2099 will have to sought that out (I would like it if he went back in time to convince Spidey to make certain choices or even fight him to prevent Spidey from dieing.

But then again the choice is yours.... Smiley Surprisedhh:

jordan96

Certainly sounds an interesting machanic which could affect gameplay - sounds a lot in fact like something that was planned for the never released Sound of Thunder game many years back, where your actions in the past would apparently affect the present. I doubt every little thing you do in one time will change the other but certainly its a great idea!

But hands up.. who heard about this and immediately thought "Now I can use this to undo One More Day! MWHAHAHAHAHHAHA!" Smiley Wink

The_Hood

Im pretty sure most of the HQers did

christiankid7

Im pretty sure most of the HQers did

Hell I kno I did

jordan96

When you do something in amazing you get to see the result of 2099 instantly using picture in picture

alakai117

What I want is very sudden, constant and subtle choices. Like, you're in the city and lets say Multiple Man splits himself into a group with half going toward Stark Industries and the others going toward the Worthington Industries. You have to chose which one is the real, and if you chose either the real one is there. But, the results caused by the other group stay. With Stark Industries unable to find a cure for a disease or something and Worthington blaming it on a mutant attack.

EternalForces

Well 2099 is almost a whole century into the future, so its kind of tricky one.

What if 2099 needed..... ehhh...... maybe a precursor of a big enemy in the future could have started out as a gang, so he needs Amazing to sort them out earlier before they spiral out of control. Maybe even convert them to an ally.

I dunno. Its gonna be interesting to see where Beenox goes with this.

Cartridge

Will spider man 2099 actually realize what amazing spider man is doing? Wouldn't the time line reset for 2099 after Peter did something so there would be no memory of what could have been?

alakai117
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS